The Moto G4 (Plus) Android 7.0 Nougat update has been available to the users via soak test with firmware build number NPJ25-75-2. However now, Moto has started rolling out the official stable NPJ25-93.11 based on the same Android 7.0 Nougat version. The stable update is available in India and some users have reported to have received it. It will soon be available to
Moreover, the Soak test is basically a Beta version of the Nougat firmware from Moto usually to test and receive feedback from the testers for the same. The OTA has been available and here you will see how to install it on most of the Moto G4 (Plus) variants including Indian variant, Brazil, and much more. The soak test comes in the form of an OTA update and requires your device to be on stock Marshmallow firmware.
Moto G4 & G4 plus are the next range of devices to receive Android N followed by Moto Z and Moto Z Force Droid and their variants like the Verizon.
Download Moto G4 (Plus) Android 7.0 Nougat OTA updates
Download Moto G4 Plus Android 7.0 Nougat NPJ25-93.11
The stock Moto G4 update for Nougat is available only via over the air notification. The update has not been captured yet. We will be updating the post soon. Meanwhile, see other ways to update to Nougat from below.
- Nougat OTA Capture XT1643 → Download | File: Blur_Version.24.31.64.athene.retail.en.US.zip
Download Moto G4 Nougat NPJ25-75-2 soak test
These models listed below have been tested with the soak test
- XT1643 – Moto G4 Plus Dual-SIM (India)
- XT1640 – Moto G4 Plus Dual-SIM (Brazil)
- XT1642 – Moto G4 Plus
- XT1622 – Moto G4
- XT1626 – Moto G4 (India)
Download Moto G4 & G4 Plus Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow factory images
Indian/Asian – XT1640/XT1641/XT1642/XT1643
- XT1643/XT1640/XT1641 [6.0.1] Retail Asia – XT1626-XT1640-XT1641_ATHENE_6.0.1_MPJ24.139-23.1_cid50_subsidy-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip
- XT1642 [6.0.1] Retail Asia – XT1621-XT1622-XT1642_ATHENE_MPJ24.139-23.4_cid50_subsidy-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip
Brazil – XT1640
- XT1640 [6.0.1] Retail Brazil – XT1640_ATHENE-RETBR_MPJ24.139-50_cid50_subsidy-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip
More Moto G4 stock firmware here and how to install them included.
How to Update Moto G4 & G4 Plus to Android 7.0 Nougat official NPJ25-93.11?
Currently, the official OTA update for the Nougat build NPJ25-93.11 is not yet available or captured by any user. However, it will soon be released. Meanwhile you can still get to the stable update via following methods. First you will need to install the the NPJ25-75-2 soak test via stock recovery or adb sideload method and then you will receive the OTA notification. You may also need to change your device location. Use Opera VPN for Android and set the desired country.
Method 1: Install the NPJ25-75-2 soak test via stock recovery and receive OTA notification.
Before you proceed, you will need to be on the latest stock firmware with build ending in 139-63
- Download and transfer the OTA zip file to phone’s internal memory
- Now, Reboot device to stock Recovery (TWRP not recommended)
- In there, Select the option “Apply update from SdCard”
- Navigate and select the OTA zip file.
- Installation will begin. Wait for nearly 20 minutes.
- Reboot to system.
Method 2: Install Moto G4 OTA via adb sideload
If the above procedure fails, then there is an ADB sideload method to manually install OTA update onto your device. Check out: How to adb sideload OTA update on Moto? Enjoy Nougat ROM on your device.
How to Root Android 7.0 Nougat on Moto G4?
If you are looking for root access on your G4 on the latest Android 7.0 Nougat firmware, then Flash the latest required SuperSU v2.78 SR5 recommended listed below using TWRP. Use the latest TWRP.
Flash SuperSU SR5 Recommended → SR5-SuperSU-v2.78-SR5-20161130091551.zip
Follow and like us on social media. For more information, comment down below.