As we know the Android 6.0 Marshmallow is already available for Sony Xperia Z5. It comes with the latest Sony user interface and all the Marshmallow goodies from the Android 6.0 source code. Now developers and Android and enthusiasts have started porting the apps and features from the latest flagship phone and the latest UX from Sony. This tutorial will help you to install the latest Sony Xperia Z5 Camera 2.0 from the Marshmallow firmware. This works on most of the Xperia devices including Z1, Z2, Z3 and more. However, it has been tested working on the Z2 by the developer and some other Xperia series like Z3, Z3 compact by other users. Even though the Xperia Z2, Z3, and Z3 Compact have recently been updated to Android 6.0.1 firmware, it is not available in all the regions at the moment.
If you are on Xperia Z5 then all you need to do is grab the APK file from the download section and install it directly. For devices other than Z5, make sure you have disabled signature verification and flashed a Xperia Z5 Camera 1.0/2.0 MOD first, otherwise it won’t work. Once once you install the mod grab the APK file and install it. Also, take a backup of your original camera app before you proceed to flash the file. The procedure and features of this port are listed below.
- Features of Z5 Camera 2.0
- Unlocked 20/23MP SuperiorAuto
- Unlocked SCN (Scene selection) for 20/23MP
- Enabled more ISO values for 20/23MP
- Unlocked New focus modes (Infinity & Macro)
- Improved the photo quality from 97 to 100
Download Sony Xperia Z5 Camera 1.0/2.0 Port
- Version 1.0_LP: Download | File: SemcCameraUI.apk
- Version 2.0_LP: Download | File: SemcCameraUI_2.0.apk
- Version 2.0_MM (from Z2_MM_486_Bata): Download | File: SemcCameraUI.apk
- For Z5/Z5P users:
Version 2.0_MM (from Z5_MM_ROM): Download | File: SemcCameraUI_2.0.apk
How to Port Sony Xperia Z5 Camera 2.0 From Marshmallow ROM to Other Xperia Devices
- Download the camera port version of your choice.
- Backup your original SemacCameraUI APK file.
- Now, clear camera data and cache
- Install directly using install manager. If that fails, then you may try changing permissions. To do so, copy it CameraUI.apk file to ‘system/priv-app/SemcCameraUI/’ and set the permissions to 644 (the filename or folder could be diff, pls rename the file if necessary) Use any file explorer like ES File Explorer to go to the destination. You may also need root to change permissions.
- Reboot your device if necessary.
Follow and share us on social media. If you need any help, then comment down below or leave a message in forums.