Table of Contents Hide
The Amazon Kindle Fire series tablets, similar to many of their products, come with stock Amazon apps. For instance, the native Amazon app store, ebook reader, and much more. Being, Amazon products, the tablets do not contain the Gapps like Google Play services or the Play stores. The Kindle Fire devices lack all the Google apps and services including the Play Store itself. However, these devices run on the Android operating system that can be easily manipulated or modified. This tutorial will help you install Google Play services and the most sought after Play Store on your Amazon Kindle Fire device.
Here are some ways to install the Google services on the Amazon Fire 7, 10 etc. All you need are the Google APK files. The simplest way is installing the Google APK files or packages directly onto the Amazon devices. All it takes is the tablet and internet connection to download the files. So let’s download and install Google Play Services for Amazon Kindle Fire 6, 7, 8, 10 and more.
Download Google Play Store/Services for Amazon Fire
- Google Play Services/Framework Files → Download | File: Google-Play-Services-Files.zip
- You may also search and download the latest applications listed in the package from the APK Mirror site.
- An alternative way to download Gapps package is via Open Gapps.
Different Android devices come in different CPU architecture like arm, arm64, x86, etc. Check and download the proper Gapps package for your phone.
How to Install Google Play Store on the Amazon Fire Devices
- First of all, allow installation of applications from unknown sources from Settings>Security> Enable checkbox to allow installation of apps from unknown sources.
- Download the Google Play Services zip file from above and copy it to your Amazon device’s storage. Somewhere you can easily locate it.
- Now download a file manager like ES File Explorer from the Amazon App-Shop.
- Go to the Download section where you have placed the Google Play zip file and extract the file to get 4 files on your storage. Install the files in the following order by clicking on them:
- Google Services Framework
- Google Play Services 4.4.52
- Google Account Manager 4.0.3-239410
- Google Play Store 4.6.17
- At the end of each step, click Done, except at the last (installing Google Play Store ), you can click Open.
- The Google Play Store then asks you to create an account or sign in with your account if you already have one.
- If you try to install and run a Google application like Gmail or YouTube, for instance, you will be prompted to update Google Play services. Then click Set To Day (twice), then restart the tablet.
- Finally, reopen the Google Play Store and go to settings and click the box version. A pop-up should appear telling you that the app will be updated. Wait until it closes and restarts there in order to have the latest version.
Now that you have setup Google Play Services on your device, you can open Play Store and install any app you desire. So here you are with Amazon Kindle Fire capable of accessing the Google Play Store. For proper functioning download the latest applications.