Google has released its latest software update for the Google Pixel Watch, providing users with the latest security patches and bug fixes. The update is available for the one an only Pixel Watch running Wear OS 3.5, and the rollout will continue over the next week in phases depending on carrier and device globally.
The May 2023 update includes important security patches featuring vulnerability fixes. The details of this month’s security fixes can be found on the Android Security Bulletin. It fixed over 47 vulnerabilities in the latest May 2023 security patches for Android.
The previous Google Pixel Watch software update such as the March 2023 patch was the biggest one so far as it brought Fall Detection feature across the globe. It also optimized the touchscreen for better operation of the watch and tons of other features.
Fall Detection is a feature that uses sensors and algorithms to detect if the wearer has taken a hard fall. If it detects a fall, the watch will immediately vibrate and display an alert asking if the wearer is okay. If there is no response within a set time, the watch will automatically call emergency services and share the wearer’s location.
The fall detection feature on their Pixel Watch is now available globally. You can find it under the ‘Updates’ page on the Watch Companion app or directly on the Pixel Watch in the Personal Safety app.
As for the May 2023 update, this is just the security patch bump to the latest one. There are no other changes. Looks like the software on Pixel Watch is pretty stable now. Plus includes all the Android Security Bulletin.
The software version has also changed to RWDA.230114.013.
The May 2023 software update includes the latest security patches for Pixel Watch users.
The previous March 2023 update comes with the following changes:
- Digital Clock is now available with button press when the device is powered down. The time will now appear upon crown push, alongside the red low battery indicator.
- In addition to tap, tilt, button press to wake the watch, you can now rotate the Crown to wake.
- Optimizations have been added to improve sensitivity of touch screen behavior.
- Battery saver enable/disable single tap support in QSS has been fully enabled in this release.
- In the coming weeks, a fix will be rolled out via PlayStore to update the Clock app that addresses some alarms which have been having a delayed or false start.
- Ensure Auto-update apps is selected in Play Store > Settings on your watch and you will get this update once it’s available when your watch is on charger and connected to Wi-Fi.
As highlighted in our March Feature Drop post, these features are now also available with this software update:
- Mono-audio which limits the disorientation of split-audio
- New color-correction and greyscale modes that better optimize the display for a wider range of vision preferences.
- Your Pixel Watch now has fall detection which can detect if you’ve taken a hard fall and connect you to emergency services. Once connected to emergency services, your Pixel Watch will play an automated message to request help to wherever you are.
Join our Telegram Channel for more updates.
Subscribe to Newsletters via Email. Follow us on Google News and Join our Telegram Group! Also, support us by donating via PayPal.