Earlier this month, Nothing founder Carl Pei confirmed that Android 13 for Nothing Phone is coming. He also assured us that they are in no rush of releasing the update an that the beta program will come by end of the year. Nothing has delivered on the promise by opening registrations for Android 13 Open Beta program.
The official Nothing Twitter account posted a few hours ago that the Android 13 Beta testing for Phone (1) is underway. If you own a Phone (1), you can be one of the first to test Android 13 by signing up for the open Beta program, which will begin in mid-December 2022.
The CEO also posted a screenshot of a Nothing Phone running Android 13 based on build Nothing OS 1.5.0 earlier this month.
All you need to do is fill up the application form by submitting your IMEI number. If you are lucky you may just receive Android 13 OT update in mid-December.
Android 13 goodies features:
- More Customization with the new Material You design
- Enhanced privacy and security
- Improved Copy and Paste
- Fewer Notifications
- Better Tablet Support
- Quick QR Code Scanner
- Improved Media Player
- Smart-Home Controls on the Lock Screen
- Double Tap for Flashlight
- Bluetooth LE Audio Support
- Encrypted Group Chats
- Different Languages for Apps
- The New Google Wallet
Plus, you will get updated Nothing OS apps including camera, gallery, files, Nothing launcher, and more.
The latest update that the Phone 1 received is the Nothing OS 1.1.7 OTA for Global and European variants based on Android 12. The software is quite stable now as compared to the launch. It is now time to move on to the latest Android version.
How to sign up for Nothing OS 1.5 Android 13 Open Beta Program?
- Fill this application form.
- Agree to the terms of the Open Beta program.
- A full backup is necessary as the new software may wipe the phone.
- Confirm that you have a Nothing phone by entering IMEI number.
- Wait for the confirmation and you might just receive Android 13 next month.
We will list the OTA download links here once the Open Beta program kick off. So we have got you covered.