Samsung successfully concluded the One UI 5 beta program and also rolled out stable Android 13 for the former flagships – Galaxy S20, S20+, and S20 Ultra. The electronics giant also released a full stable Android 13 update roadmap, wherein the S20 series including the S20 FE are scheduled for December 2022. Apparently, the update arrived earlier for the Galaxy S20 Fan Edition (FE) as stable One UI 5.0 update is now available for download.
Stable Android 13 OTA is reportedly live in Russia with firmware build number EVK4 and weighs over 2GB in size from the previous stable version. The full firmware build is G780FXXUAEVK3 for the respective S20 FE variant. You can download the OTA by visiting Settings > System Updates > Download OTA updates.
Stable One UI 5 firmware update will soon be available in the European market later this month in countries like Germany, UK, Switzerland, and more to be updated in phased manner.
India and the United States, where the device is most popular, may receive the OTA as soon as this week; for Unlocked Snapdragon variants as well as carrier variants.
One UI 5 Features
Samsung’s One UI 5 stable version brings a major visual overhaul. The firmware also features Android 13’s new Material You design with a dynamic wallpaper theme engine.
One UI 5 offers a fresh new look making the user experience more welcoming and seamless. Samsung brings a more engaging mobile experience with bolder, simpler app icons to a streamlined color scheme.
Samsung also refined the notifications in One UI 5 to be more intuitive, making them effortless to read at a glance as well as offering more defined answer and decline buttons when receiving a call through the redesigned pop-up call display.
One UI 5 also brings new animations, Bixby Text Call, options to curate a customized look and feel for your device, new Smart suggestions, easily extract text from images and paste it into a note, and much more. A new Connected devices menu is included where you can access all features such as Quick Share, Smart View and Samsung DeX.
Explore all features of One UI 5 from Samsung’s blog post here.
The stable version is 2GB incremental OTA for those on stable One UI 4.1.1. The full stock firmware is 8 GB in size.
Here, we will show you how to download and install the latest One UI 5.0 firmware update on your Galaxy S20 and Note 20 devices.
Download One UI 5 full stock firmware directly from Samsung Servers for S20 FE
The easiest way to download One UI 5 for Galaxy S20 FE is by visiting settings > system update > download updates manually. You can also download the full stock One UI 5.0 firmware updates using SamFirm tool or the Firja Tool and install via Odin Flashtool.
You can use the SamFirm (Samsung Firmware Downloader) tool and the newly added Frija (also a Samsung Software Downloader) in order to download the full stock firmware directly from Samsung Servers.
- First, download and extract the latest SamFirm tool or the Frija Samsung Firmware Downloader. [Direct Frija download link]
- Go to About Phone under Settings on your S20 FE device and note the model number (SM-G780F) for Galaxy S20 FE. Refer to the table below.
- Find the CSC code for your Galaxy S20 FE phone from here. Also known as a region or product code. In this case, we are using SER for Russia and Android 13.
- Input the model number and region code.
- Select or check the Auto box.
- Also, check decrypt automatically box.
- Hit check updates option.
- Once the details are shown, hit the download button.
Here is a list of Galaxy S20 FE model numbers:
- Galaxy S20 FE (SM-G780F)
- Galaxy S20 FE (SM-G780G)
- Galaxy S20 FE 5G (SM-G781W)
- Galaxy S20 FE 5G (SM-G781V)
- Galaxy S20 FE 5G (SM-G781U1)
- Galaxy S20 FE 5G (SM-G781U)
- Galaxy S20 FE 5G (SM-G781B)
- Galaxy S20 FE 5G (SM-G7810)