Garena Free Fire is one of the most popular survival shooter game available on mobile. It comes right next to the most popular Battle Royale game called PUBG Mobile or PUBG Mobile Lite and BGMI for India. However, Free Fire is a quick BR game where each round takes about 10-minutes. You can join, dump, and quickly jump onto the next battle without waiting.
Today, the game updated to the latest v1.80.0 termed “Garena Free Fire: Heroes Arise”. The Heroes Arise update features a huge changelog with tons of features, new characters, and a whole new system. New Gaming Environment includes Credit System, Report System Improvements, In-Game Voice Chat Reporting Feature in order to discourage cheating and hacking.
New characters include Kenta, A124, Nikita, Steffie, Caroline, Otho, Rafael, Thiva, each with unique abilities. Most importantly, characters are now all free with the LINK system!
A new Battle Royale season 12 begins on 3/24, 17:00 GMT+8 called “Clash Squad Season 12”
Some of the key features included in this update are as follows:
- Clash Squad Season 12 – Begins on 3/24, 17:00 GMT+8.
- Characters are now all free with the LINK system.
- New “Credit System” to reward players with good behaviors.
- Character skill rework: Steffie, A124, Rafael, Nikita.
- New in-game missions in Battle Royale Classic Mode – Hit Lists and Supply Runs.
- New Weapon G36 – 2 firing modes.
- Vibration function (in-game enhancements).
- Reduced the installation package size.
Garena Free Fire Max, on the other hand, is a newer game released specifically for India. It is only available for Android users. It comes with the same patch notes.
Check out the complete Garena Free Fire 1.80.0 patch notes and also download and install the APK from below that comes directly from the publisher Garena.
Latest Garena Free Fire 1.80.0 / 2.80.0 Patch Notes
Introducing a scoring system for players’ convenience and visibility with their account statuses.
“We have long believed that Survivors who give a helping hand and keep their attitudes positive should be recognized and honored, and rightfully so, those who flame and quit should be punished. We can proudly announce that our vision is now a reality.”
• Accounts that have been reported and verified to intentionally throw the game, AFK, force quit, or are verbally abusive will have 1-4 points deducted, while frequent abusers will face extra score deduction.
• A perfect score unlocks valuable prizes, while a score lower than 90 suggests a ban from CS-Ranked, that lower than 80 suggests a ban from BR-Ranked.
• Playing games with good behavior will earn 1-2 credit points per game.
• Will be available 3/25 11:00 GMT+8
Report System Improvements
Reporting is made more efficient, and report responses are more trackable
“We strive to keep a healthy gaming environment in Free Fire, and we hope every player can participate in that. We believe that toxicity should not be tolerated anywhere within the game, hence we deliver the following expansions.”
• You can now report another player in your match history page.
• You can now report another player in CS mode scoreboards.
• Added new reasons for reporting.
• Optimized in-game mail report response, now you can track your report progress.
In-Game Voice Chat Reporting Feature
Now you may report inappropriate voice chat calls.
“We realized that when a toxic player decides to flame their teammates in voice chat, there’s not much their teammates can do beyond muting. Voice chat reporting feature is now available. Those who violate community guidelines will face a VC mute punishment, and a credit score reduction.”
• To protect your privacy, the detection will only take place if a report is sent.
• Added a new feature to the current mute button where you can report selected player(s) on the spot.
• Once verbal harassment is verified, the player faces a mute punishment, and a credit score reduction.
Will be available 3/25 11:00 GMT+8
Get free Characters with LINK!
Players can obtain free Characters by playing games in any mode
“As Characters and their skills have become a fundamental part of our gameplay, we’ve come to realize the importance of making Characters more accessible. Now, all existing Characters are available through LINK for free! Say goodbye to paying for Characters!”
• Players may only link with one Character at a time.
• There’s a limit to the LINK points players get per day.
• Players may give their LINK progress an extra boost with coins (limited per day).
• All Characters prior to this patch update will be included in the LINK system.
• Price cut in Character lvl-ups and skill slots unlockings:
• Reduced Character Fragments needed for leveling up: (See in 1st form below)
• Reduced the costs for unlocking skill slots: (See in 2nd form below)
|Character Fragments Needed Before & After|
|Leveling Up||Current||After Patch|
|Costs for Unlocking Skill Slots Before & After|
|Unlocking skill slots||Current||After Patch|
|Slot 1||50 Diamonds/2,000 Coins||40 Diamonds/2000 Coins|
|Slot 2||75 Diamonds/5,000 Coins||75 Diamonds/3750 Coins|
|Slot 3||125 Diamonds/10,000 Coins||125 Diamonds/6250 Coins|
Shield of the team, lowers damage taken
“Kenta is your team’s most reliable backup. When activating Swordsman’s Wrath, he puts the gun down and generates a shield before him. Teammates behind his shield will benefit from its partial damage negation. Kenta is a great front-line Character, and will be sure to help your team break through heavy fire. Remember to follow his footsteps!”
Swordsman’s Wrath forms a frontal shield of 5m width that reduces 50% weapon damage coming from the front. Lasts for 2/3/3.5/4/4.5/5s and resets after firing a shot. Cooldown: 210/200/190/180/170/160s
Disables enemy skills and interrupts their interaction countdowns.
“We reworked A124’s skill, giving great power to her ability to interrupt. Any skills and countdowns will be stopped by her powerful skill zone. See those enemies hiding behind gloo walls and healing? Let’s give them a pleasant surprise! ;)”
Thrill of Battle:
Unleashes a 8m electromagnetic wave that disables enemies’ skill activation and interrupts their interaction countdown. Lasts for 20/22/24/26/28/30s. Cooldown: 100/90/80/70/60/50s.
Reload speed is no longer affected by gun types. SMG causes more damage when in its last shots.
“Nikita’s performance was really held back by the limitation of gun types, so we made sure to freshen that up. We also increased her damage if using an SMG, making her last 6 shots extra powerful. An outstanding agent makes sure no bullet goes to waste.”
Reload speed increases by 14/16/18/20/22/24%. For SMGs, the final 6 rounds of the clip deals 10/12/14/16/18/20% more damage.
Now blocks grenades and restores armor durability.
“Steffie’s skill no longer offered enough support to her teammates. In this patch, we reworked her skill so that in her skill range, damage from explosives is nullified, and armor durabilities are restored. You can finally paint n’ protect with her! “
Create a 4m area that blocks throwables. Allies in the area will restore 10% armor durability every second and ammo damage taken from enemies will reduce by 10/12/14/16/18/20%. Lasts for 10/11/12/13/14/15s. Cooldown: 115/110/105/100/95/90s. Effects do not stack.
Faster movement speed carrying shotguns.
“Caroline’s Movement Speed bonuses weren’t prevalent enough when affected by equipment. We buffed her in that regard, making her easier to gap close and initiate close-ranged battles.”
When holding a shotgun, movement speed increases by 3/4/5/6/7/8% -> 6/7/8/9/11/13%
Wider vision after kills.
“We felt that Otho’s skill didn’t receive enough strategic emphasis. We extended his vision field, making it easier to perceive potential danger.”
After eliminating an enemy, the positions of other enemies within 25/30/35/40/45/50m -> 25/35/45/55/65/75m of the elimination spot will be revealed. Info will be shared with teammates for 4s -> 6s.
Faster bleeding speed when knocking down enemies.
“We limited Rafael’s skill to effect enemies shot by Snipers and Marksman Rifles only, but increased its bleeding speed. A true killer always goes under the radar.”
When using Snipers and Marksman Rifles, firing sound is silenced and successful shots can cause enemies to bleed 20/23/27/32/38/45% -> 40/50/60/70/80/90% faster.
Help-up speed and HP recovery increase.
“Thiva’s skill has been underwhelming for support players. We packed a bit more punch to his rescues, hoping to bring him back into the meta.”
Rescue (help-up) speed increases by 10/13/16/19/22/25% -> 15/18/21/24/27/30%. Upon a successful rescue, the user recovers 15/20/25/30/35/40HP -> 25/30/35/40/45/50HP in 5s.
New Quadra Kill Animation
“Who’s to say no to a grand effect for your marvelous ACE?”
– Enhanced the visual effects when executing a quadra.
New In-game Missions
“Can’t find any enemies in sight? Don’t know what to do before the next zone shrink? Accept special in-game missions that put your stealth and skills to test. Complete these goals within the time limit and receive exciting rewards!”
– Hit List missions: Purchase from the Vending Machine using FF Coins. Eliminate target within time limit.
– Supply Run missions: Obtain for free on the map. Reach specified location within time limit.
Ultimate Weapons Now Upgradable
“All Ultimate Weapons are upgradeable now(3 stages) using the Upgrade Chip, except for airdrop ones.”
– Weapons upgradable via the Upgrade Chip:
Weapon and Balance
New Weapon: G36
New weapon available.
“The new weapon G36, paired with the unique firing mode switch feature, offers an all-encompassing experience, sufficiently covering the needs for short-ranged and mid-ranged battles both.”
– Switch firing mode: G36 toggles between Assault, short-ranged mode and Range, mid-ranged mode
– Assault stats:
– Base Damage: 26
– Rate of Fire: 0.096
– Magazine: 30
– Range stats:
– Base Damage: 33
– Rate of Fire: 0.15
– Magazine: 30
Effective range adjusted.
“In this patch, we pushed for a clearer range differentiation among weapons, hoping to really emphasize their specialities. Do remember to take the changes into consideration when switching weapons. Let us all be weapon masters :D!”
– M4A1: Effective range -4%
– SCAR: Effective range +5%
– M249: Effective range -3%
– FAMAS: Effective range -2%
– XM8: Effective range +5%
– AN94: Effective range +4%
– AUG: Effective range +6%
– PARAFAL: Effective range +5%
– Kar98k：Gun switch time +20%
– UMP: Effective range -3%, movement speed when firing -10%, stability -7%
– MP5: Effective range -10%, damage +10%,
– VSS: Effective range -15%
– MP40：Stability +15%, movement speed when carrying +15%, movement speed when firing +10%
– Thompson: Effective range -3%
– Mini Uzi: Effective range -8%
– MAC10: Effective range -4%
– M1014: Effective range -16%, reload speed +30%
– M1873: Effective range -15%
– SPAS12: Effective range -8%, reload speed +10%
– M1887: Effective range -12%, damage +8%, movement speed when carrying +5%
– MAG-7: Effective range -15%, damage +4%, stability +10%
– Charge Buster: Effective range -10%, damage +5%
– M1887-X: Added new muzzle accessory slots
In-game Vibration Feedbacks Now Available
“Can’t tell whether you landed a shot or not in the battle chaos? Try out our new vibration feature! Now you’ll be truly immersed in the intense battle!”
– Players may toggle and customize vibrations in the settings page.
Custom Room Enhancements
New Features available in Custom Room.
“Ever wished for a faster-paced battle and hoped the zone would shrink quicker? Ever called for a rescue but teammates were preoccupied? New features are now available in custom room. Hit up a couple of friends and go nuts!”
– Auto Revival feature now available in BR mode. When turned on, players with enough FF Coins will be automatically revived.
– Customize the damage and speed of the play zone in BR mode.
– Normal Room Cards now unlock CS Shop and item pricing customization features
Post-Game Results Enhancements
Post-game results page now displays more data and stats
“Damage and kills are not entirely indicative of a player’s contribution to the team. Starting from this patch, we are going to gradually introduce a collection of stats in your results page, including but not limited to: assists, knock-downs, heal, revives. We encourage players to switch roles in their teams, for every role is equally crucial to victory.”
– Post-game results page now includes a data sheet for players wanting to take a closer look
– Revive/Rescues/Assists/Knockdowns are only available in multiplayer mode
– Revive stats are only available in BR mode
Post-Game Loot Enhancements
New post-game results page
“We revamped the UI for your Memory Fragments and LINK status page, making it easier for you to track their progress. If you’ve collected enough Memory Fragments and are ready for a level-up, simply click on the button in the results page. We also increased the overall drop rates of Memory Fragments, giving your Character lvl-ups a bit of a boost.”
– Post-game results page now shows your Memory Fragment progress
– Post-game results page now shows your LINK progress
– Post-game results page now supports one-click Character lvl-ups
– Drop rates now significantly increase with your first few games of the day
Resource Download Center Expansions
Reworks in regards to web page layout and user experience
“As our game grows denser and richer, oversized packages have become an inconvenience for some players. In this patch, we uploaded various resources to our Download Center, giving players the freedom to download per choice. Meanwhile, we re-organized our web page UI, making navigation far easier than before.”
– New web page layouts
– Optimized notifications for DLC resources
– Moved the following resources to Download Center:
– Training Grounds
– Lone Wolf
– FF coins now shows up on HUD display in BR mode
– Your death location will be shown on map to let you quickly get equipments after revival in BR mode
– Airdrop vending machine can be accessed from all angles
– Minimap now prioritizes the display of vending machine revival points over player locations
– Optimized Healing Weapon interactions. Players may now easily recognize low-health teammates, who will be blinking with a red light on your team list
– The effectiveness of Healing Weapon reduces as players are exposed to the play zone for a longer period of time
– Exact number of stars for Master is now shown in in-game scoreboards
– Player info displays longer in CS loading screen, also added a new loading screen to CS mode
– Fixed a bug where players revive with gloo walls automatically in Training Grounds
– The invitation list now allows for alias to be added and edited
– Optimized the radar chart algorithm in personal info page, making it more reflective of the player’s stats
– Optimized radar chart algorithm in CS mode
– Events page can now be opened in preset teams page
– Optimized the animation in mode selection page
– CS Cup invitations now show up in the lobby
– Reduced the cost of pet level-ups
– Optimized matchmaking for shorter queue time
Unfortunately, the game was banned by the Government of India due to security and privacy reasons. However, you can still play the game as the servers are still live. Here, download the latest Garena Free Fire APK and OBB files for the new version Heroes Arise. You can also try the newer sequel Garena Free Fire Max.
You can also install Free Fire on PC using emulators like Bluestacks or use the Windows Subsystem for Android (WSA) in Windows 11 and install the following APK file and start playing on your PC!
Download Garena Free Fire: Heroes Arise APK + OBB files
The latest Garena Free Fire: Heroes Arise APK v1.80.1 directly from the publisher servers, You can also download it directly from the Play Store if it’s available.
- Download Garena Free Fire 1.80.0 APK + OBB (direct link)
- Direct download mirror link | Join Telegram Channel
- Download Garena Free Fire from Play Store
- Download Garena Free Fire from App Store (Apple)
Note: Download and install APK file. Download the folder to phone and com.dts.freefireth paste it under Android > OBB folder. Or place the main.2019114916.com.dts.freefireth.obb file under Android > OBB > com.dts.freefireth.
Download latest Garena Free Fire Max APK + OBB files
The latest Free Fire Max is now available for download directly from the Play Store and as standalone APK as well. Here you can also get the APK and OBB files separately for offline downloads as well.
Method #2: APK Downloader
- Garena Free Fire APK + OBB APK + OBB | APK Downloader
Paste the Play Store URLs:
Simply put in the following URL where it asks and choose options like “Android 10” and “Samsung Phones“. OR leave it to “Default”.
Subscribe to Newsletters via Email. Follow us on Google News and Join our Telegram Group! Also, support us by donating via PayPal.