Samsung just recently kickstarted the OneUI 4.0 Beta program for the entire Samsung Galaxy S21 series. In an official press release, Samsung unveiled all the details about the latest Android 12 update. As One UI 4.0 is based on Android 12, the update comes with all of its goodies and features. Here,
Moreover, One UI 4.0 beta 2, that released today, packs Android 12’s most awaited feature called Material You design. Material You design is basically a wallpaper-based theming engine that changes the visuals and aesthetics of most elements in the Android operating system to match the wallpaper. Apart from this, you get performance and visual improvements from Samsung as well. Such as new and improved animations.
So if you have a Samsung Galaxy S21 series device, then you can download and install One UI 4 onto your device globally via Samsung Members app; in-built on every device. This includes the following countries:
- South Korea
- United States (US)
- United Kingdom (UK)
As you can see not every device will receive Samsung’s Android 12 beta update right now. Some regions are excluded like Canada and other countries in Europe and Asia, which are not listed in the list above.
So here we have added all the One UI 4.0 beta program OTA update zip files for all Samsung Galaxy S21, S21 Plus, and S21 Ultra devices including the Snapdragon processor and Exynos variants. So you can get on the beta program manually.
One UI 4 features and complete changelog
Download latest One UI 4.0 Beta OTA Update Zips
While the easiest way to get One UI 4.0 beta program is via Samsung Members app, as seen in our post about – How To Download & Install Samsung’s Android 12 Update?
Like every year, we have listed the OneUI 4 OTA download links below. These have been tested working on the Canadian Snapdragon S21 variant as well.
Download One UI 4 OTA for Snapdragon Galaxy S21 series
- S21 Snapdragon OTA URL: http://fota-secure-dn.ospserver.net:80/firmware/VZW/SM-G991U1/nspx/6556537300b7401998e7cecc78bbdf58.bin?px-time=61907a56&px-hash=a05de87504b0032df4c4262041550167&px-wid=5820367-WSA210915025413&px-wctime=2021-09-15%2002:54:13&px-unum=&px-nb=UGtezEZ854jbmFcvWGxLEA==
- S21+: Still waiting
- S21 Ultra (G998U1): http://fota-secure-dn.ospserver.net/firmware/VZW/SM-G998U1/nspx/0612c34159f249bf8eca4d0fbcccb2e4.bin?px-time=6191141c&px-hash=7149bae9f71e5b58afe408c780c6600c&px-wid=2507949-WSA210915135018&px-wctime=2021-09-15 13:50:18&px-unum=&px-nb=UGtezEZ854jbmFcvWGxLEA==
- T-mobile s21 Ultra (G998U): http://fota-secure-dn.ospserver.net/firmware/TMB/SM-G998U/nspx/63355609cd734f849f779d2b94e2545a.bin?px-time=61902f22&px-hash=14563b2d67c46eee91de2104359e53cb&px-wid=5902728-WSA210914213318&px-wctime=2021-09-14 21:33:18&px-unum=&px-nb=UGtezEZ854jbmFcvWGxLEA==
Download One UI 4 OTA for Exynos Galaxy S21 series
- Galaxy S21
Beta 1: Click here to download
- Galaxy S21 Plus
Beta 1: Coming soon
- Galaxy S21 Ultra
Beta 1: Click here to download
Note: Rename [file].bin to [file].zip and paste it into the adb folder. Then install using this tutorial via ADB. Installation: How to install OTA updates on any Android device?
How to install One UI 4 OTA update zip?
- Download the OTA update zip from above to PC, Linux, or Mac.
- Make sure your Galaxy S21 device is on the latest One UI 3.1.1 firmware update. Do not flash the October update of you want the One UI 4.0 update listed in this tutorial.
- Latest firmware download: How To Download Samsung Galaxy Full Firmware Files Directly From Samsung Servers
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on Windows, Linux, Mac OS easily
- Rename [file].bin to
update.zipand paste it into the adb folder
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM unlock on phone from the Developer Options
- Reboot your phone
- Connect phone to PC via USB cable
- Enter the following to in cmd or terminal (optional) (Note: remove ./ on Windows)
- Trust the computer
- Reboot to recovery
./adb reboot recovery
- With vol-up and vol-down go to ADB update and press the Side/Power button
- If you don’t see the install from ADB option, then sideload using the following command
./adb sideload update.zip
- Reboot device once the installation completes
./ if you’re using Windows
2. Stock recovery method
- Make sure your device is running on base firmware.
- Download One UI 4 OTA update zip from above to phone storage.
- Rename the file to
- Transfer the file to the phone storage or SD card in the root directory. Meaning, outside every folder.
- Reboot your Galaxy phone into Recovery mode. To do so, turn off your phone completely and then press and hold the Power + Volume Up buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
- From the recovery mode, use the volume buttons to navigate and select the option “apply update from SD card or storage” using the power key.
- Select the update zip file from phone storage.
- Hit the power button to install it.
- The upgrade procedure should start.
- Repeat the same for further OTA update like beta 2, beta 3, and more
update.zip. (if available)
Note: You can also, issue the following command through cmd or terminal to reboot into recovery mode.
adb reboot recovery
Download One UI 4 Beta 2
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra (Snapdragon)
- BETA 1 G998U1 AUH9 to ZUID : Download (direct link)
- BETA 1 G998U AUH9 to ZUID: Download (direct link)
- BETA 2 G998U ZUID to ZUJ1: Download (direct link)
- Beta 2 G998U1 ZUID to ZUJ1: Download
How to install One UI beta 2?
- Model needs to be G998U or G998U1
- Flash the base firmware to your device using modified odin. The above beta 2 needs G998U1 4AUH9 firmware on your G998U or G998U1 devices.
- Download G998U1 4AUH9 to 4ZUID update.zip to your PC.
- Keep update zip in same directory as ADB binary.
- Open a terminal window (Windows will be powershell or cmd prompt.)
- Reboot device into recovery mode
- Select “Apply Update using ADB” Look below for instructions.
- Type in terminal “adb sideload nameofupdate.zip”
Stay tuned for more OTA update downloads. Join AndroidSage Telegram Channel.
Subscribe to Newsletters via Email. Follow us on Google News and Join our Telegram Group! Also, support us by donating via PayPal.