OnePlus 8T launched last year with Android 11 featuring the latest OxygenOS 11 firmware update out of the box. The software is quite stable now with the constant OTA updates the phone has been receiving since the launch. Today, OnePlus 8T devices across the globe are receiving yet another firmware update with build Oxygen OS 126.96.36.199 featuring latest March 2021 security patch level and some critical bug fixes.
According to the changelog, Oxygen OS 11.8.12 brings several system optimizations including position of the EMERGENCY icon in the lock screen. It also improved the sensitivity of navigation gestures during charging. Fixed issues with changing the customized font not applying correctly. Checkout the entire system improvements from the changelog below.
Most importantly, it brings latest March 2021 security patch level. As for the camera app, it fixed the lagging issue when playing videos recorded by 414, GINE 60FPS.
OxygenOS 188.8.131.52 is now live for the Indian variants and will be released soon for the North American variant and EU variants of OnePlus 8T as well.
- IN: 184.108.40.206KB05DA
- EU: 220.127.116.11KB05BA
- NA: 18.104.22.168KB05AA
OxygenOS 22.214.171.124 for the OnePlus 8T Changelog
- Optimized the position of the EMERGENCY icon in the lock screen
- Improved the navigation gestures sensitivity during charging
- Fixed the failure issue after changing the customized font
- Fixed the issue that the Splash Screen Information Service may stop working
- Fixed the small probability issue that the language in Provision does not follow the system language
- Fixed the small probability issue that the expanded screenshot may stop working
- Fixed the small probability issue with the Recorder that the recording quality may not meet the expected result
- Fixed the issue that reusing the wrong fingerprint long press to unlock will cause a flash screen
- Fixed the small probability issue that double-tapping is abnormally triggered when typing
- Fixed the failure issue when waking the voice assistance in lock screen by swiping the icon
- Fixed the issue in which home screen time is displayed abnormally when the system language is Arabic
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.03
- Fixed the lagging issue when playing videos recorded by 414, GINE 60FPS
- Fixed the issue that the alarm clock may not nog as scheduled on workdays
If your device is on the stable channel, you can install the new OTA from settings > system updates. Alternatively, you can download the full OTA or incremental OTA and apply it on your device easily. The OTA download links come directly from the manufacturer’s servers and weigh ~3 GB in size.
- 126.96.36.199: OnePlus8TOxygen_15.I.23_GLO_0230_2103221814
- Full OTA (coming soon…)
- 188.8.131.52: OnePlus8TOxygen_15.O.22_GLO_0220_2102011818
Notes and installation instructions
The installation should be the same as any other OnePlus upgrade via Local Upgrade method. The following tutorial should also help into updating your OnePlus 8T.