Table of Contents Hide
Samsung just recently introduced their latest software update called One UI 3.0 based on Android 11. As always, it comes packed with tons of features and customization options right within the system. As an added advantage, Samsung is also bringing support for the most awaited customization tool called Good Lock for Android 11. While you get for Galaxy Theme store to change the aesthetics of the stock Samsung firmware, the only thing missing in my opinion, is the support for fonts. Here is how to download and install fonts for Samsung Galaxy phones.
In our previous post, we already have published a tutorial on how to install Google Sans Font for Samsung Galaxy devices. However, that was a little complicated one. Here is an easier way to download and install any font on any Samsung Galaxy device running One UI 3.0, 2.5, 2.1, 1.0 based on Android 11, 10, 9 Pie, or earlier. You can install almost any font in a
.TTF format. This includes Google Sans, Roboto, Product Sans, Rubik (which we use on our site), and much more.
Thanks to SatySatsZB for deploying the updated Flipfont app with support for installing
.TTF font on any Samsung firmware be it OneUI 3.0, 2.5, 2.1, 1.0 based Android 11, 10, 9 Pie or earlier. It has been tested working on One UI 3.0 as well. So you can run it on Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra, S20 FE, or the Note 10/10+, Galaxy S9, S9+, Note 9, and more.
As for the previous One UI 1.0 or Samsung Experience firmware, our previous post on Wings fonts works perfectly on Samsung phones with Android 9 Pie or earlier such as the Galaxy S8 series or the Note 8 series. However, if you are inclined, you can also use the following method to get Google Sans font.
How to download a font in TTF format?
The FlipFont app that we are going to use introduces installation of custom fonts using
.TTF extension. So it is very important that you download fonts from the web in
.TTF format only. You can also use stock fonts listed in the app like the Samsung Sans or the 1800+ stock Flip Fonts.
Here we have listed the most popular fonts in the Android community. One such font is the Google Sans font (upgraded Product Sans Font) exclusive to the Pixel smartphones.
- Download Google Sans Font (post link)
- Download Google Product Sans Font (post link)
- Download Roboto Font (direct link)
Download unlimited fonts from the web
The internet has plethora of fonts collection. A simple Google search should get you started. However, for convenience, we are listing some font repositories for ease.
How to install any font for Samsung Galaxy phones?
- Download and install FlipFont APK from here (direct link). OR from the downloads repository.
- Download any font from the downloads section above.
- Extract the zip file to get the
.ttffont. Look for regular font. You can go bold or medium too.
- Transfer the font file to phone’s storage at this location:
- Create the ttf folder of it doesn’t exist.
- Launch FlipFont app on your on your Samsung phone. It should be by the name
- Make sure you have Samsung account signed in on your phone for backing up settings.
- Click on install. Install Samsung Sans font.
- Click on select. Select Samsung Sans font.
- Backup “Settings” to your Samsung Cloud. Tick “Settings” only.
- From the custom TTF section “Select TTF file”
- Click “Load TTF”.
- Click Install Custom Font option.
- This should uninstall and install the Samsung Sans font.
- Restore settings from Samsung. Tick “Setting only”.
- This should install the custom font on your device.
Note: For backup and restore, go to Settings -> Accounts and Backup -> Backup and Restore -> Backup data -> Check “Settings” only.
Checkout the screenshots from below for installation and how the Google Sans font looks like.