Earlier this year, Samsung released the Galaxy S20 FE (Fan Edition) with some stunning hardware and software specifications, for those who weren’t quite inclined towards the current S20 lineup. The S20 FE was a success and quickly grabbed the market’s attention. While the Galaxy S20 series and Note 20 series have already received the stable One UI 3.0 firmware update across the globe, it is now time for the non-flagships from Samsung to receive the same treatment. The Samsung Galaxy S20 FE just started to receiving stable Android 11 OTA in some regions.
One UI 3.0 for the Galaxy S20 FE features all the Android 11 goodies and based on December 2020 security patch level. The OTA is currently available for both the Galaxy S20 FE models – SM-G780F and SM-G781B. We have already seen Android 11 OTA rolling out in the regions like Russia, Turkey, Panama, and Vietnam with build number G780FXXU1BTL1. More regions are being covered including France, Singapore, Australia, India, Spain, etc.
So if you have an S20 FE device, you may want to check for an OTA update by visiting settings > system update > download updates manually on your phone. Alternatively, you can also download the full stock One UI 3.0 firmware updates using SamFirm tool or the Firja Tool and install via Odin Flashtool. See how to download Android 11 for S20 FE in all regions. See below for instructions.
One UI 3.0 features Android 11 and all of its goodies including powerful device controls and easier ways to manage conversations and your privacy. Some of the new features include improved device & media controls, manage your conversations in one place, built-in screen recording, more privacy controls.
Plus, it brings One UI 3.0 exclusive features and updated Samsung stock apps as well. This includes major visual design improvements, improved performance, and much more. Some of the notable features include Wireless Dex, cross-device calling and texting feature. Check out all the features and changelog for One UI 3.0 here.
Download full One UI 3 stock firmware for Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
You can use the SamFirm (Samsung Firmware Downloader) tool and the newly added Frija (also a Samsung Software Downloader) in order to download the full stock firmware directly from Samsung Severs. It will let you download the latest stock firmware in a
.TAR file extension for any Samsung Galaxy device. Go through the following steps.
- First, download and extract the latest SamFirm tool or the Frija Samsung Firmware Downloader. Here, we used Frija.
- Go to About Phone under Settings on your S20 FE and note down the model number like Galaxy S20 FE (SSM-G780F and SM-G781B). See screenshot below.
- Find the CSC code for your Galaxy S20 phones from here. Also known as a region or product code. In this case, we are using TUR for Turkey, because that’s the region that got it first.
- Input the model number and region code.
- Select or check the Auto box.
- Also, check decrypt automatically box if you are using SamFirm Tool.
- Hit check updates option.
- Once the details are shown, hit the download button.