Xiaomi’s popular Redmi Note 8 and 8 Pro received stable Android 10 OTA update earlier this year. However, that was based on MIUI 11. Xiaomi soon released a new Android 10 build for the two devices based on their latest MIUI 12 firmware update globally. After a few closed and open beta updates, here is the fourth MIUI 220.127.116.11 global stable ROM for the Note 8 Pro.
Several Xiaomi Redmi, Mi, and Poco Android devices have already received either a stable or beta MIUI 12 update so far. This also includes the popular Redmi Note 8 and 8 Pro smartphones with build MIUI 18.104.22.168 and MIUI V22.214.171.124.QGGIDXM (in Indonesia) respectively. As for the Indian variant, the build number for the Note 8 Pro is still MIUI 126.96.36.199. The regular Note 8, on the other hand, is running MIUI 188.8.131.52 firmware update.
The update features all the Android 10 goodies including enhanced location permissions, advanced privacy tools, live caption, smart reply, sound amplifier, gesture navigation from Google Pixel, dark mode, focus mode, family link, latest security updates, and more. It also comes with Xiaomi’s exclusive MIUI 12 features listed here.
Download latest MIUI 184.108.40.206 update for Redmi Note 8 (Pro)
Here is a list of all the latest MIUI 12 global stable ROMs or the full OTA update zips for Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 and 8 Pro based on Android 10. The OTA update comes in a large package of 2 GB in size. If you haven’t received the OTA update yet, then below you will find the full OTA update zip. Using this zip file you can manually update your Note 8 Pro to MIUI 12.
If you are on the previous update for Note 8 Pro, you can also check for OTA update by – going to settings > About Phone > System Update > Check for OTA update manually > download OTA.
Downloads for Redmi Note 8 Pro
- Redmi Note 8 Pro India Stable V220.127.116.11 | Recovery ROM (direct link)
- Redmi Note 8 Pro India OTA V18.104.22.168 | Incremental OTA from V22.214.171.124
- Redmi Note 8 Pro Indonesia Stable V126.96.36.199 | Recovery ROM (direct link)
- Redmi Note 8 Pro Indonesia OTA V188.8.131.52 | Incremental OTA from V184.108.40.206
Downloads for Redmi Note 8
- Redmi Note 8 Stable V220.127.116.11 | Recovery ROM (post link)
- Redmi Note 8 EEA Stable V18.104.22.168 | Recovery ROM
How to update Redmi Note 8 Pro to latest MIUI 12 firmware?
- Make sure your device is on the latest stable ROM.
- Download the MIUI 12 OTA update zip from above.
- Transfer it to phone storage in the root directory. Meaning, not in any folder. If that doesn’t work, place the file in the folder ‘download_rom’.
- Launch the updater app on your Redmi Note 8 Pro device. Or go to settings > about phone > system updates.
- Click on three dots on the top right corner and choose the ROM package.
- Select the Android OTA zip you have downloaded. It will decrypt and update your Redmi device.
Note: Don’t stop the update once started. If stopped, you will need to do the operation again right from downloading the firmware file again. This will not erase any data in your phone.