Table of Contents
Last year’s popular T-series OnePlus smartphones called the OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro are still going strong. Not many have switched from the OnePlus 7 series to the new one. While the 7T Pro launched alongside the regular 7T, in th United States it came with a OnePlus 7T Pro Mclaren edition, instead of the 7T Pro. So for the T-Mobile carriers, these two phones comes with locked bootloader and also SIM locked. While users on the global variants can readily unclok the bootloader, for the T-Mobile variants you need to wait for at least 40 days before you’re eligible to perform a SIM unlock.
However, there’s good news. Thanks to the exploits by XDA member Superboy58, now you can unlock bootloader on T-Mobile OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro Mclaren without waiting! Also, these phones receive updates on a different schedule and from their network carriers and also have a slightly different working of OS.
On the unlocked version of OnePlus 7T, it is very easy to unlock the bootloader of your phone you just need to write a few ADB commands. But for T-Mobile version you need to use the phone for 40 days then you will get an option to unlock sim by getting a unique code from T-Mobile. After which you can unlock the Bootloader on your OnePlus 7T. Apart from this, users cannot even enrol on OnePlus Open Beta updates or developer Preview updates. So here we will also show you how to rebrand your T-Mobile OnePlus 7T into an international variant by flashing the unlocked version firmware.
Download patched MSM download tool for OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro McLaren
Here is a patched MSM download tool for T-Mobile OP 7T and the 7T Pro McLaren. This is an exploit that will help you unlock the bootloader and rebrand your T-Mobile OP7T.
- Download the patched MSM download tool – For T-Mobile OnePlus 7T | Source
- Download the patched MSM download tool – For T-Mobile 7T Pro 5G McLaren | Source
How To Unlock Bootloader on T-Mobile OnePlus 7T Series?
This exploit will bypass the need to sim unlock before unlocking the bootloader, and will also bypass the need of an unlock token file from OnePlus. Note that this will NOT sim unlock the phone.
- Make sure you have ADB and Fastboot setup on PC.
- Enable USB debugging on your Android.
- Download the patched MSM download tool from above.
- Run the MSM tool on PC.
- Connect your phone to PC in EDL mode, ensure the “sha256 check” is NOT checked.
- On the MSM tool, click the start button and wait until it’s completed.
- The phone will show a red warning saying “device is corrupt”, just ignore that and wait some time. It will fallback in fastboot because it’s not able to boot.
- Now run the following Fastboot command:
fastboot flashing unlock_critical
- Bootloader is now unlocked.
- Reboot to system.
How To Rebrand T-Mobile OnePlus 7T to International version?
Note that rebranding can only be done for OnePlus 7T. The OnePlus 7T Pro Mclaren Edition cannot be rebranded as the T-Mobile OnePlus 7T Mclaren Edition is 5G and the international version isn’t. What we are doing is that we are flashing the international firmware on to the T-Mobile variant.
To Rebrand a T-Mobile OnePlus 7T to the international version you just need to flash the Global version of the ROM of the specific device. Now that we have an unlocked bootloader T-Mobile OnePlus 7T following is the tutorial on how to install Global ROM of the device and rebrand it to international version.
Downloads for Global ROM
Steps to rebrand
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on PC. (from above) or get the ADB setup.
- Connect phone to PC and give ADB permissions.
- Download and extract the zip file of the Global Fastboot Rom zip folder directly into your ADB and fastboot folder.
- Find a file named as ” Flash all.bat”.
- Connect your phone to your PC via USB Cable.
- Reboot your phone into Fastboot mode.
- Run the file “Flash all.bat”
- Wait for the process to finish and then you are done.