Xiaomi Poco F1 is now receiving a newer security patch level from June 2020 based on Android 10. That’s about it. The latest MIUI 220.127.116.11.QEJMIXM OTA update is just a small security patch bump. Now before you get disappointed, know that Poco F1 is on the list of Xiaomi devices to receive MIUI 12 firmware update. While it’s still not clear whether it would be based on Android 11 or 10. If we were to guess, Android 10 is the last update for the first gen Pocophone; while still receiving MIUI 12 and all of its goodies. Meanwhile, download and install latest MIUI 18.104.22.168 global stable ROM for Xiaomi Poco F1 based on Android 10.
The Pocopone receives security updates every other month. So receiving June 2020 security update makes sense as the previous MIUI 22.214.171.124 featured April 2002 security patch. The changelog doesn’t reveal anything else. We will update more here as we get more information from the users. The previous update unofficially brought several improvements listed below. Do check it out!
Xiaomi is currently testing MIUI 12 for several Redmi and Mi smartphones. Developers also ported MIUI 12 to Poco F1. However, that’s an unofficial port. You will need to wait longer for the official release from manufacture. Poco F1 will get MIUI 12 update with all of its goodies including Always-on Display, advanced Dark Mode 2.0, Super Wallpapers, enhanced privacy protection and location tools, new gesture navigation system, revamped animations, and much more. So stay tuned.
What’s new with MIUI 126.96.36.199 update for Poco F1?
The latest MIUI 188.8.131.52.QEJMIXM is a small OTA update that just comes with the June 2020 security patch level; weighing 154 MB in size.
The previous OTA update for Poco F1 featured the following changes and bug fixes:
- Swipe up diagonally from bottom corner to launch Google Assistant
- Stock Browser replaced with Mi Browser Pro
- Mi Mover is now a system app
- New screenshot animation
- Touch responsiveness increased
- Security patch updated to April 2020
- Added Private DNS under connection and sharing
Download MIUI 184.108.40.206 global stable ROM for Xiaomi PocoPhone F1
Following you will find the latest MIUI 220.127.116.11.QEJMIXM global stable ROM and OTA update zip for Xiaomi’s POCO F1 based on Android 10. The OTA zip comes in 154 MB in size. Whereas, the full stock ROM comes in a large package of 1.93 GB in size.
If you are on the previous update for POCO F1, you can also check for OTA update bu – going to settings > About Phone > System Update > Check for OTA update manually > download OTA.
Download MIUI 11 Global Stable full ROM zip
- Poco F1 MIUI 18.104.22.168 Recovery ROM | Download MIUI 22.214.171.124 (1.93 GB)
- Poco F1 MIUI 126.96.36.199 OTA | Incremental OTA MIUI 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 (154 MB)
Install incremental OTA update using this tutorial. OR, use the full stock firmware (Recovery ROM) and go through the following instructions.
How to update Xiaomi Poco F1 to latest MIUI 11 firmware update?
- Make sure your device is on the latest stable ROM.
- Download the MIUI 11 OTA update zip from above.
- Transfer it to phone storage in the root directory. Meaning, not in any folder. If that doesn’t work, place the file in the folder ‘download_rom’.
- Launch the updater app on your Xioami Poco F1 device. Or go to settings > about phone > system updates.
- Click on three dots on the top right corner and choose the ROM package.
- Select the Android OTA zip you have downloaded. It will decrypt and update your Pocophone.
Note: Don’t stop the update once started. If stopped, you will need to do the operation again right from downloading the firmware file again. This will not erase any data in your phone.
Thanks to u/re4ctive for the screenshot.