Table of Contents
Updated: So as we reported correctly, the build for the global and Indian variants of the OnePlus 8 Pro is Oxygen OS 10.5.11. At the time of writing, the OTA was only available for the EU variants. Now the OTA download for all variants is now available including global (USA) and Indian.
Original: OnePlus just rolled out latest Oxygen OS 10.5.10 HotFix OTA update for the OnePlus 8 Pro with major changes in the EU for now. This update comes with a huge list of changes, bug fixes, and stability improvements. Spoiler alert! There’s bad news for the X-Ray camera filter on the 8 Pro. Apart from that, you will find the latest security patch level, optimized the touch and interaction experience, power consumption, and high temperature or over-heating of the device. So download and install latest Oxygen OS 10.5.10 for OnePlus 8 Pro.
The latest Oxygen OS 10.5.10 HotFix is a major update for OnePlus 8 series. It comes with latest June 2020 security patch level. Apart from that, you will see optimizations to the touch and interaction experience. As far as the battery is concerned, the update also brought improvements to the power consumption and performance of the system to extend battery life. OnePlus finally fixed the issue where the device won’t fully charge when battery was at 90% and above. Fixed the issue with Netflix and Amazon Prime Video unable to play HD video on some machines. Fixed known issues and improved system stability.
We call this HotFix because the same build already came to the global variants. However, the new update could come with build Oxygen OS 10.5.11 in the United States (global variants) and for the Indian variants. This is because OOS 10.5.10 is already released for the Indian and international variants. It came with the newer May 2020 security patch level. The full changelog is listed below.
The previous update featured major changes to the latest OnePlus Camera APK. OnePlus added support for the latest and upcoming H.265 HEVC codec. This new video codec will reduce video storage size and seamlessly capture or shoot videos without compromising the quality. The manufacturer also added auto ultra-wide-angle lens feature while shooting at close range to improve picture quality of edges (OnePlus 8 Pro only). Others include network improvements for 5G, WiFi, and Bluetooth. Updated Game Space app too.
But wait… What about the new X-Ray Vision camera filter that OnePlus just removed from the 8 Pro? More below. Or, download and install latest Oxygen OS 10.5.10 for OnePlus 8 series.
OnePlus removed the Photochrom Camera filter on OnePlus 8 Pro
While the changelog sates adjusted Photochrom filter. What that really means is the Photochrom filter is gone! A Reddit user tlfvulmort posted a screenshot of the latest update. It does not display the Photochrom filter or the IR camera filter or the Checkout the post on OnePlus removing X-ray vision camera on OnePlus 8 series.
Full update log for Oxygen OS 10.5.10 (EU) and OOS 10.5.11 (global)
- Optimized the touch and interaction experience
- Optimized the power consumption performance of the system, battery life extended to be longer than ever
- Optimized the high temperature warning to improve user experience
- Fixed the failure to full-charge when battery was charged to 90% and above in a few circumstances
- Fixed the issue with Netflix and Amazon Prime Video unable to play HD video on some machines
- Fixed known issues and improved system stability
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.06
- Adjusted Photochrom filter
- Improved the shooting experience with camera and improved stability
- Band 46 CA combo enabled for India Network (India)
- Added Visible network compatibility in the U.S. (Global)
- Improved the stability of communication
- Improved the performance and stability of Wi-Fi transfers
- Optimized network latency for online games and improved the smoothness
Download Oxygen OS 10.5.11 and Oxygen OS 10.5.10 HotFix OTA for OnePlus 8 Pro
Oxygen OS 10.5.10 is rolling out for OnePlus 8 Pro for the EU variants. As for the International variants the new OTA may come with OOS 10.5.11 or above build in USA or India. The update log remains the same. Full stock firmware downloads below.
You can download the OTA updates, by simply going to Settings app > System Updates > Check for OTA updates. It will automatically download and install the updates, if available.
If you don’t see any update there, you can check the software version of your OnePlus devices in Settings > About Phone and if we have the latest version available below, then download the full stock firmware zip or full ROM zip and install it via Local Upgrade method.
Before you download, checkout the various OnePlus 8 Pro variants
Here is a list of different OnePlus 8 Pro model numbers. Use this to download the firmware packages.
- Packages with build number IN11DA are intended for Indian device variants
- Packages with build number IN11AA and letter O in filename are intended for Global variants
- Packages with build number IN11BA are intended for IN2023: EU European variants
Downloads for OnePlus 8 Pro
- Europe or EU (IN11BA) – OxygenOS 10.5.10
- Full OTA (direct link)
- International or Global (IN11AA) – OxygenOS 10.5.11
- Full OTA (direct link)
- India (IN11DA) – OxygenOS 10.5.11
- Full OTA (direct link)
Local Upgrade: This requires the full stock firmware update zips. It is the easiest way to update any OnePlus device. You can switch between Open Beta firmware or Stable channel easily. Don’t worry, you won’t lose any data. However, backup is very important. Installation instruction here: OnePlus rolls out Oxygen OS 10.5.4 and 10.5.5 for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro.