Table of Contents Hide
Following the OnePlus 8 Pro, the regular OnePlus 8 also gets major Oxygen OS 10.5.10 OTA update for the global variants including the United States. While the build number of the Indian and EU variants differ with Oxygen OS 10.5.9 and OOS 10.5.8, the update log remains the same. Whereas, the OnePlus 8 Pro gets Oxygen OS 10.5.11. So download and install latest Oxygen OS 10.5.10 for OnePlus 8.
The latest update for OnePlus 8 comes with a huge list of changes, bug fixes, and stability improvements. Spoiler alert! While the X-Ray camera filter on the 8 Pro is gone, the regular does not have it. So not a big deal. You can upgrade your device to latest firmware as it is highly recommended for various bug fixes, stability improvements and, latest security patch level.
Oxygen OS 10.5.10 HotFix update because the previous update had more or less the same changelog. The latest one optimizes touch and interaction experience, power consumption, and high temperature or over-heating of the device. It also feature latest June 2020 security patch level. Apart from that, OnePlus finally fixed the issue where the device won’t fully charge when battery was at 90% and above. Fixed the issue with Netflix and Amazon Prime Video unable to play HD video on some machines. Fixed known issues and improved system stability.
Full update log for Oxygen OS 10.5.10 (changelog)
- Optimized the touch and interaction experience
- Optimized the power consumption performance of the system, battery life extended to be longer than ever
- Optimized the high temperature warning to improve user experience
- Fixed the failure to full-charge when battery was charged to 90% and above in a few circumstances
- Fixed the issue with Netflix and Amazon Prime Video unable to play HD video on some machines
- Fixed known issues and improved system stability
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.06
- Adjusted Photochrom filter
- Improved the shooting experience with camera and improved stability
- Band 46 CA combo enabled for India Network (India)
- Added Visible network compatibility in the U.S. (Global)
- Improved the stability of communication
- Improved the performance and stability of Wi-Fi transfers
- Optimized network latency for online games and improved the smoothness
Download Oxygen OS 10.5.10 update for OnePlus 8
Oxygen OS 10.5.10 is rolling out for OnePlus 8 for the global variant. As for the EU variants the new OTA comes with build OOS 10.5.8 and OOS 10.5.8 for India.
You can download the OTA updates, by simply going to Settings app > System Updates > Check for OTA updates. It will automatically download and install the updates, if available.
If you don’t see any update there, you can check the software version of your OnePlus devices in Settings > About Phone and if we have the latest version available below, then download the full stock firmware zip or full ROM zip and install it via Local Upgrade method.
Before you download, checkout the various OnePlus 8 variants
- Packages with build number IN21DA are intended for Indian variants
- Packages with build number IN21AA and letter O in filename are intended for Global variants
- Packages with build number IN21BA are intended for IN2013: EU European variants
Downloads for OnePlus 8
- Europe or EU (IN21BA) – OxygenOS 10.5.8
- International or Global (IN21AA) – OxygenOS 10.5.10
- India (IN21DA) – OxygenOS 10.5.8
Local Upgrade: This requires the full stock firmware update zips. It is the easiest way to update any OnePlus device. You can switch between Open Beta firmware or Stable channel easily. Don’t worry, you won’t lose any data. However, backup is very important. Installation instruction here: OnePlus rolls out Oxygen OS 10.5.4 and 10.5.5 for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro.