Table of Contents
A couple of days ag0, Xiaomi introduced their new MIUI 12 firmware update to the world. MIUI 12 ROM is one of the best firmware updates so far by the manufacturer and bringing some exciting features. While we already had the first batch of the beta ROM, Xiaomi immediately pushed an update 2 for the MIUI 12. Here, download and install MIUI 12 beta 2 ROM for most of the Xiaomi Redmi and Mi devices.
MIUI 12 brings some of the stunning features including Dark Mode 2.0, Super Wallpapers, enhanced privacy protection and tools, new navigation gestures, new animations, and much more. You can checkout all the MIUI 12 features and the list of Xiaomi devices receiving the update here. We already have the MIUI 12 stock wallpapers and Super wallpapers available for download. Meanwhile, here we have the MIUI 12 beta 2 ROM download links directly from Xiaomi servers.
Yes, Xiaomi immediately pushed an new OTA update for the MIUI 12 beta ROMS on the second day itself dating April 28, 2020. The first batch came right after the launch. Currently, we have the MIUI 12 download links a number of Xiaomi Redmi and Mi phones including the flagships Mi 10, Mi 10 Pro, Redmi Note 8 Pro, Note 7, Note 5, Redmi K20 Pro, Poco X2, and an unofficial port for Poco F1 as well.
While you can still register using the official Xioami Mi Community or Mi forums app, however, the beta only available in China meaning you will need to register for the We Chat app as well. In order to skip all this and save yourself some trouble or going through the Mi Community and We Chat registrations, you can simply download the MIUI 12 full OTA updates from below and install manually.
MIUI 12 OTA download links for all Xiaomi phones
Here are all the available MIUI 12 ROMS beta 2 for Xiaomi Redmi and Mi devices. While these are Recovery ROMS so you can only install it using MIUI updater app or stock recovery method if you are a beta registered users. Unfortunately, the registration is closed for now. More updates will be added soon. So stay tuned!
As the MIUI 12 first introduced in China, naturally these are China closed beta ROMS and not global stable ROMS. However, you can install the following ROMS onto your global Redmi and Mi variants via TWRP recovery.
|Xiaomi Device and Codename||Android Version||Download Link|
|Redmi Note 8 Pro (begonia)||Android 10||Download|
|Mi 9 (cepheus)||Android 10||Download|
|Mi Mix 2 (chiron)||Android 9||Download|
|Mi 10 Pro (cmi)||Android 10||Download|
|Mi 9 Pro 5G (crux)||Android 10||Download|
|Redmi K20/Mi 9T (davinci)||Android 10||Download|
|Mi 8 (dipper)||Android 10||Download|
|Mi 8 Pro (equuleus)||Android 10||Download|
|Mi 9 SE (grus)||Android 10||Download|
|Mi Note 3 (jason)||Android 9||Download|
|Redmi Note 7/7S (lavender)||Android 10||Download|
|Mi Max 3 (nitrogen)||Android 10||Download|
|Mi Mix 3 (perseus)||Android 10||Download|
|Redmi K30 5G (picasso)||Android 10||Download|
|Mi 8 Lite (platina)||Android 10||Download|
|POCO X2/Redmi K30 4G (phoenix)||Android 10||Download|
|Mi Mix 2S (polaris)||Android 10||Download|
|Mi 9 Lite/Mi CC9 (pyxis)||Android 10||Download|
|Redmi K20 Pro/Mi 9T Pro (raphael)||Android 10||Download|
|Mi 6 (sagit)||Android 9||Download|
|Mi 8 SE (sirius)||Android 10||Download|
|Mi Note 10/Mi CC9 Pro (tucana)||Android 10||Download|
|Mi 10 (umi)||Android 10||Download|
|Mi 8 Explorer Edition (ursa)||Android 10||Download|
|Mi CC9 Meitu Edition (vela)||Android 10||Download|
|Redmi Note 7 Pro (violet)||Android 10||Download|
|Mi 6X (wayne)||Android 9||Download|
|Redmi Note 5/Redmi Note 5 Pro (whyred)||Android 9||Download|
Installation Update: You need a custom TWRP recovery installed on your Android device to flash the above MIUI 12 ROMS. Here is a tutorial on how to install using TWRP recovery: Download and Install MIUI 12 for Xiaomi Poco F1. You will find Unlocking Bootloader tutorial and latest TWRP recovery in the post.
Tips for TWRP recovery users:
- Download the MIUI 12 ROM onto PC
- Extract the ROM
- Go to the
MIUI 12 ROM folder > META-INF > com > google > android
- Launch updater-script file using NotePad++
- Edit the first line with getprop (product device) and add device country code in the name
- For instance, if the device name is “davinci”, add “davinciin”. “in” is the region id for India
- Similarly, you can find out your country’s region ID and add to it
- Compress or archive the ROM with zip
- Flash via TWRP recovery
- You may also like Google Installer APK
For stock recovery method: While these are Recovery ROMs, you need to register as a beta users via Mi Community app. You can also look for WeChat bypass tutorials in order to get into the beta registration for MIUI 12 ROM. Then proceed with for the following steps.
MIUI 12 Changelog: What’s new with MIUI 12 ROMS?
The full changelog for MIUI 12 beta, when updating from MIUI 11, is as follows:
- MIUI 12. Yours alone.
- System animations
- New: All-new physically-based animation engine with advanced architecture will refresh your device’s look.
- New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
- System visuals
- Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
- Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make the content structure clear.
- Privacy protection
- New: MIUI 12 is the first Android-based mobile OS that went through the rigorous enhanced privacy protection testing.
- New: Reset your device ID and control how it’s used based on virtual ID technology.
- New: Grant permissions that will be used only while you’re using an app.
- New: You can also grant permissions just once, and decide again next time a permission is required.
- New: Restrict access to telephony to third party apps.
- New: Return blank messages to the apps that require personal information.
- New: Receive notifications whenever apps record audio, use camera, or access your location.
- New: Use secure sharing to control what additional data is sent along with shared items.
- New: Get comprehensive stats on how apps use permissions in app behavior history.
- New: Visit privacy.miui.com to learn how MIUI protects your privacy.
- Optimization: Apps aren’t allowed to launch other apps in the background now.
- AI Call Assistant
- New: Mi AI can answer your calls now!
- New: You can record a customized greeting that will be played to the other person during AI calls.
- New: Customized greetings are also supported for outgoing calls.
- Xiaomi Health
- New: All-new Xiaomi Health gives you more options and makes your health stats more accurate.
- New: Put your device next to you before falling asleep to analyze your sleep cycle and record talking and snoring.
- New: You can sync data with supported wearable and smart home devices.
- New: Xiaomi Health can remind you to stand up and move when it detects that you’ve been sitting down for too long.
- New: The app also analyzes your stats and gives you simple health advice.
- Control center
- New: Swipe down from the upper right corner of your screen to open Control center.
- New: Animated icons are a joy to look at!
- New: Mi Ditto combines dictation and speech output, making mobile devices more convenient for people who have difficulties using conventionally designed smartphones.
- New: Traffic and suggested routes to airports and train stations.
- New: You can track your previous trips now.
- New: Checklists for trips.
- New: Alarms for train arrivals.
- Mi Carrier Services
- New: View your SIM balance and mobile data usage stats.
- New: Save frequently used phone numbers to top up balance and buy mobile data later.
- New: Buy SIM cards and services.
- New: Promotional messages are grouped according to their content now.
- Status bar, Notification shade
- New: All-new design.
- New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
- New: Security introduces new comprehensive privacy protection mechanisms.
- New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features up front.
- File Manager
- New: Use the floating shortcut to filter and sort items, as well as switch view.
- New: New layout tailored for landscape orientation is available now.
- New: We added lots of fresh animations that will accompany your actions.
- New: Calendar cards will remind you about important events and anniversaries.
- New: You can create folders with notes now.
- New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
- New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
- New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
- New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
- New: Keep your home safe with smart home device alerts.
- New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox.
- Xiaomi Cloud
- New: Shared family storage plan is available now.