Xiaomi just announced their latest MIUI 12 skin to the world. MIUI 12 is seemingly the best firmware update so far bringing a number for exciting features to the plate. Some of the most intriguing features includes Dark Mode 2.0, Super Wallpapers, enhanced privacy protection and tools, new gestures, new animations, and much more. You can checkout all the MIUI 12 features and the list of Xiaomi devices receiving the update here. We also have the MIUI 12 wallpapers and Super wallpapers available for download. Meanwhile, here we have the MIUI 12 ROM download links directly from Xiaomi servers.
Yes, the MIUI 12 ROMS are not available for download right after the launch. Currently, we have the MIUI 12 download links a number of Xiaomi Redmi and Mi phones with the early beta builds. As the MIUI 12 first introduced in China, naturally these are China ROMS and not global stable ROMS. However, you can install the following ROMS onto your global Redmi and Mi variants as well. The installation is quite easy via MIUI updater app.
While you can still register using the official Xioami Mi Community or Mi forums app, however, the beta only available in China meaning you will need to register for the We Chat app as well. In order to skip all this and save yourself some trouble or going through the Mi Community and We Chat registrations, you can simply download the MIUI 12 full OTA updates from below and install manually.
MIUI 12 OTA download links for all Xiaomi phones
Here are all the available MIUI 12 ROMS for Xiaomi Redmi and Mi devices. These are Recovery ROMS so you can either install using MIUI updater app or stock recovery method. More updates will be added soon. So stay tuned!
- New MIUI 12 Beta 3 ROMS now available for download
- New MIUI 12 Beta 2 ROMs now available for download along with new installation method
- MIUI 12 Launcher APK
- MIUI 12 stock, live, and super wallpapers APK
Downloads MIUI 12 beta 1:
- Mi 10 :point_down: (umi)
- Mi 10 Pro :point_down: (cmi)
- Redmi Note 5 :point_down: (whyred)
- Redmi K20 Pro (raphael)
- Mi 8 (dipper)
- Mi 9 (cepheus)
- Mi 6 (sagit)
- Redmi K20 (davinci)
- Redmi Note 7 (lavender)
- Mi Mix 2S (polaris)
- Redmi K30 5G (picasso)
- Xiaomi CC9 Pro / Mi Note 10 (tucana)
- Redmi K30 / Poco X2 (phoenix)
- Redmi Note 7 Pro (violet)
- Mi Mix 3 ()
- Redmi Note 8 Pro (begoina)
- Xiaomi CC9 / Mi 9 Lite (pyxis)
- MI 8 Lite (platina)
- Mi 6X (wayne)
- Mi 9 SE (grus)
- Mi Note 3 (MIUI 12) Recovery ROM
Installation Update: You need a custom TWRP recovery installed on your Android device to flash the above MIUI 12 ROMS. Here is a tutorial on how to install using TWRP recovery: Download and Install MIUI 12 for Xiaomi Poco F1. You will find Unlocking Bootloader tutorial and latest TWRP recovery in the post.
For stock recovery method: While these are Recovery ROMs, you need to register as a beta users via Mi Community app. You can also look for WeChat bypass tutorials in order to get into the beta registration for MIUI 12 ROM. Then proceed with for the following steps.
How to install MIUI 12 onto Xiaomi devices?
- Download the MIUI 12 OTA update or Recovery zip file from above.
- Transfer the update zip to phone storage in the root directory. Meaning, outside every folder. If that doesn’t work, place the file in the folder ‘download_rom’.
- Launch the updater app on your Xioami phone. Or go to settings > about phone > system updates.
- Click on three dots on the top right corner and choose “Choose Update package”
- If “Choose Update package” option desn’t show up, tap on the MIUI icon several times and check again.
- Select the MIUI 12 ROM package from phone storage.
- Your phone should reboot and update process will begin.
- Once done, reboot to system.
Note: Don’t stop the update once started. If stopped, you will need to do the operation again right from downloading the firmware file again. This will not erase any data in your phone.