Table of Contents Hide
OnePlus just released the official Android 10 OS update for the latest flaghsip phones OnePlus 7and 7 Pro with Open Beta 1. This comes on the same day that Google released the official stable version of Android 10 (in fact, the same time). The manufacturer kept its promise and released Android 10 for OnePlus 7 on the official release date of Android 10 OS. However, OnePlus’ Android 10 is based on Oxygen OS. So it is till in beta version. This is because the third-party OEMs need to compile their own stock firmware for their smartphones. So download Oxygen OS based Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 7 (Pro).
However, it is unclear whether this Android 10 version from OnePlus is based on Oxygen OS 10 or not. This is because the Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro is fresh out of the oven and not much is know about it as of yet. We do have full changelog provided by the manufacturer below. It does say brand new UI design. Does this mean Oxygen OS 10? More on that later. According to the changelog, Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 7 features a brand new UI design (possibly Oxygen OS 10), Gaming Space feature, smart display, anti-spam measures for stock messages app to block by keywords.
It also features all the Android 10 goodies like Live Caption, Smart Reply, Sound Amplifier, Gesture Navigation, Dark theme, Privacy Controls, Location Controls, Security Updates, Focus mode, Family Link, and more. Now, being in beta state, it still has some known issues like some app compatibility issues and some probability of system lag. So if you are not bothered with some stability issues, you can install the latest Open Beta for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro right away.
Changelog for OnePlus 7 (Pro) Android 10 OTA Update
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in the Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Gaming Space feature now add all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Smart display
- Supported intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display（Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display
- Now block by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings -Blocking settings)
- Application compatibility issues
- Low probability of system lag and stability issues
Download Android 10 for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro (Open Beta 1)
Here is the latest official Android 10 Open Beta 1 is based on Oxygen OS 10 for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro. As this is beta full stock firmware, you won’t receive an OTA update. You will need to manually install Android 10 onto OnePlus 7 via local upgrade method. The Android 9 Pie rollback package is also listed below.
RollBack Package to Android 9 Pie. Download the package from below links:
How to Update OnePlus 7 (Pro) to Android 10 Oxygen OS firmware?
This requires the full stock firmware update zips. It is the easiest way to update any OnePlus device. You can basically switch between Open Beta firmware or Stable channel easily. Don’t worry, you won’t lose any data. However, a backup is very important.
- Download the latest available OOS full stock firmware zip from above.
- Get the full firmware package from above for the OnePlus device and transfer the ROM file to the internal storage or phone storage. Place the zip file outside every folder.
- Now go to Settings app > visit System updates > tap on the top right settings icon > choose Local Upgrade option.
- The Local Upgrade option will search for an upgrade package.
- Once you see an upgrade package, tap over it and then hit the install option.
The device will automatically reboot and perform an upgrade. First boot may take a while. Read detailed tutorial here: How to to flash H2OS full stock firmware over Oxygen OS.