OnePlus 7 Pro just launched a few days ago and already available for sale in select regions. As the 7 Pro is Oneplus’ most ambitious smartphone competing with some premium tier smartphones in the market like the Samsung Galaxy S10, iPhone XS series, Huawei P30, and the upcoming Pixel 4 (XL). It has a higher price range than usual, but also packs some industry defining features. This includes their revolutionary 90Hz Fluid Amoled display. The screen is also a QHD+ panel with HDR10+ support. It also packs triple camera system at the rear with a new 48 MP rear camera Sony IMX586 sensor. The device also feature a new pop-up selfie camera.
OnePlus is also popular for their Oxygen OS firmware. OnePlus 7 Pro features Android 9.0 Pie based on Oxygen OS 9.5 out of the box. Since the launch, the device has received 3 new OTA updates. So download the latest OxygenOS 9.5.3 OTA update from below, if you haven’t already. The current OTA update rolling out for the 7 Pro is the Oxygen OS 9.5.3. This is the third incremental update since the launch. As of now, we do not know what the full changelog is. However, we believe these are critical bug fixes, performance improvements, and optimizations related to the UI. This comes on top of the already existing brand new Oxygen OS 9.5 features like:
- New Gaming Mode called Fnatic mode
- Zen Mode – Phone down feature
- Native screen recorder
- Screenshot editor
- Spam call and text filtering (Only in India)
- New Work-Life balance feature
- NightScape 2.0
- Always on display and edge notification light
- Digital Wellbeing
Here is a video from Tech Spurt detailing all the features of the Oxygen OS 9.5 or OnePlus 7 Pro:
Download OnePlus 7 (Pro) updates – Latest Oxygen OS 9.5.3 OTA update and Full Stock Firmware
For those of you who are now familiar with Oxygen OS updates, the manufacture makes the latest updates publicly available to the customers so you can also download them to your phone storage and update manually. This is if the OTA (over -the-air) updates does not work or aren’t available in your region.
For OTA updates, simply go to Settings app > System Updates > Check for OTA updates. It will automatically download and install the updates, if available.
Moreover, there are 3 categories to the OnePlus updates – (1) Closed Beta channel (only for internal testing) (2) Open Beta channel (for public testing) (3) OTA updates (for the Stable channel)
You can easily switch between these using the full firmware package or full ROM zips via Local Upgrade method; provided that the firmware version or build number you are trying to install is higher than the already existing firmware build.
Alternatively, you can also grab the OTA update zips and install it using stock recovery method or ADB sideload method listed here. However, this only works in the same channel.
Incremental OTA updates download:
This is the OnePlus 7 Pro GM21AA build for GM1917 model.
- Download Oxygen OS 9.5.3 OTA updates | From OOS 9.5.1 to OOS 9.5.3 (487 MB)
Full stock firmware downloads:
The full stock firmware updates are not yet available. We will update the links as soon as available. So stay tuned.
- Oxygen OS 9.5.1 (link coming soon…)
- Oxygen OS 9.5.2 (link coming soon…)
- Oxygen OS 9.5.3 (link coming soon…)
How to Update OnePlus 7 (Pro) to latest Oxygen OS firmware?
Method 1: Local Upgrade
This requires the full stock firmware update zips. It is the easiest way to update any OnePlus device. You can basically switch between Open Beta firmware or Stable channel easily. Don’t worry, you won’t lose any data. However, a backup is very important.
- Download the latest available OOS full stock firmware zip from above.
- Get the full firmware package from above for the OnePlus device and transfer the ROM file to the internal storage or phone storage. Place the zip file outside every folder.
- Now go to Settings app > visit System updates > tap on the top right settings icon > choose Local Upgrade option.
- The Local Upgrade option will search for an upgrade package.
- Once you see an upgrade package, tap over it and then hit the install option.
The device will automatically reboot and perform an upgrade. First boot may take a while. Read detailed tutorial here: How to to flash H2OS full stock firmware over Oxygen OS.
Method 2: Stock recovery
This requires the incremental OTA update zips. This will only work in the same channel. For instance, if you would like to upgrade to Oxygen OS 9.5.1 from Oxygen Os 9.5.0. You will only need the incremental OTA update and not the full stock firmware. However, for this method, you will need to reboot your device into recovery mode.
- Download the latest OTA update zip file. to phone storage. Keep it in root folder, meaning outside every folder.
- Reboot your Android phone into Recovery Mode. To do so, turn off your phone completely. Now, press and hold the power button and volume down key at the same time for a few seconds.
- Use the volume up and down keys to navigate and power button to select.
- On the next screen, select the Recovery mode option to get into stock recovery mode.
- From the Recovery Mode, select “Apply Updates from phone’s storage” or “Apply updates from sdcard”.
- Navigate and select the OTA zip file from phone storage.
- Confirm the installation. This may take a few minutes.
- Once the installation completes, it will automatically reboot. If not, go back and reboot manually.
Enjoy latest Oxygen OS update on your phone.