Samsung released Android 9.0 Pie for the last 2 generation of flagship phones already. This includes the Samsung Galaxy S9, S9 Plus, Note 9, Galaxy S8, S8 Plus, and the Note 8. The newly launched S10E, S10, S10 Plus come with Android 9.0 Pie out of the box; also based on One UI. However, the best features about Samsung phones – the Good Lock 2018 is only compatible with Android Oreo for now; Samsung Experience 10 and not One UI. This will soon change when the manufacturer releases Good Lock 2019 in support for Android P as soon as March 8, 2019.
Due to huge demands, the developers of Good Lock finally broke silence and posted the update date and full changelog for Good Lock in the Korean community forums. This includes the possible name change to Good Lock 2019 and update to all of its plugins and modules on March 8, 2019 Korean time (KST). This is great news because although Good Lock may only be available in South Korea initially, we can always capture the APK files and make it available to the public. So stay tuned as we will post the Good Lock 2019 APK download links here; as always.
Meanwhile, you can check on the upcoming changelog listed by Good Lock developers. The update log is not limited to only the following. We may see more precise update log on March 8.
What’s New With Good Lock 2019?
Note that the following changelog has been directly translated from Korean language via Google translate.
- General: Updated Good Lock to support One UI based on Android 9 Pie.
- LockStar: Maintains the same functionality as before as a whole. Added some additional wallpapers. With the brick effect, Oreo assignments will be temporarily unavailable for use.
- QuickStar: The clock position adjustment feature is now added, finally. (It is not possible to secure the area in the notch model.) It is possible to set Color Theme a little easier by automatic color extraction.
- Task changer: We have prepared many new styles that many people will like. Pie’s Google policy is part of the difficult part of entering the multi-window improvement.
- The basic functions of the Routine are the same and will new be open for models like S10. The S10 has been further enhanced with the design and features of the Vix non-routine. In order to do this, we will prepare the function to restore the existing routine data and will open it soon.
- One Hand Operation +: Task Switching is finally in. Provides the ability to turn off gestures for specific apps. It is a gesture that gradually gets closer to perfect.
- Select the Sound Assistant basic media app to make sure that the media key, such as a headset, is delivered.
- Nice Catch is officially available in Good Lock. If you turn it on your phone, you can easily find out which app is causing problem.
- You can use the multi-window convenience that you deleted in accordance with the Google policy while you are in multi-star pie.
- NavStar, Edge Lighting, Edge Touch provides the same level of functionality as before. And this is a new function. (It is under development with the goal of opening at the end of March.) Thank you for your much anticipation.
- NotiStar: It is a notification card management function for users who prefer the notification method on iPhone.
- NiceShot: Provides useful options for capturing based on the various suggestions, and also provides tagging storage when capturing.
Thank you once again for the customers who love us and wait for us. Even if there are a few problems in the early days after opening, we will try to make quick corrections if you give us affectionate feedback. All happy days and see you on March 8!
As you can see, we will soon have Good Lock 2019 for all the Samsung devices. It will also officially support all the Galaxy S10 phones. You can also see some new modules that were specific to the Note 9 like Multi-Star, NotiStar, NiceShot, etc. will now make it to the Galaxy S series as well.