Samsung is now rolling out the latest Android 8.1 Oreo firmware for the mid-range phones starting today. The premium flagship phones like Note 9, Note 8, Galaxy S9, and S8 will see a direct jump to Android 9 Pie under Samsung’s Beta program. However, the mid-range phones like Galaxy J5 will first receive the Android 8.1 Oreo and then later move onto Android P by next year. Samsung’s Android P Beta will soon start. So stay tune. Meanwhile, download and see how to update Galaxy J5 2017 to Android 8.1 Oreo.
This new update comes with firmware build number (Baseband version) J530FXXU2BRH5 for the Galaxy J5 2017 variant. This is the first 8.1 Oreo update from Samsung following the Note 9. The latest Note series flagship is one of the only devices to run Samsung Experience 9.5. So the Galaxy J5 and Note 9 will be on the same platform until one of them receives Android 9.0 OTA update.
|Device name||Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017)|
|Software Version||Android 8.1.0 Oreo|
|Build date||Mon, 13 Aug 2018 14:06:54 +0000|
|Security Patch Level||2018-08-01|
|Product or CSC Code||XEO|
Download and Update Samsung Galaxy J5 to Android 8.1 Oreo
Currently, only the European regions have received the latest Android 8.1 SE 9.5 OTA update. The first country to receive this update is Poland. Soon countries like Austria, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Romania, France, and more will receive the same for the J5 2017 variant.
Following is the simple procedure to download the full stock firmware update and install it via Odin firmware. You can also flash the Poland’s Android 8.1 Oreo firmware onto your specific region, as long as the device model number is the same and your device should not be bound to a carrier. It should be unlocked. But do it at you own risk or just wait until your region gets the stock firmware.
How to download Android 8.1 Oreo Odin firmware for Galaxy J5?
- Download and extract the latest Samsung Firmware downloader tool to PC. The tutorial has detailed steps for download Samsung Firmware for all.
- First, note down the model number for your device from Settings > About Phone > Software information. (Here it would be SM-G30 or SM-G935P)
- Also, not down theCSC code or Product code for your specific region. See the list of CSC codes for all of your Samsung device region.
- Now, launch the SamFirm tool with admin rights.
- Input all the details like the model number and CSC code. (See screenshots below)
- Download the latest stock firmware for Galaxy J5.
- Once downloaded, see How to install stock Samsung firmware using Odin tool.
Using this procedure you can get latest stock firmware for Galaxy J5 all variants including SM-J530F,SM-J530FM, SM-J530G, SM-J530K/L/S.