Adhell gained a lot of popularity amongst the Samsung community since it was first launched back in 2016. Adhell is a Samsung Knox based application which can Block system wide Ads, trackers, analytics from applications without root. It has more functionalities than just Ad-Blocker including Package Disabler, Mobile Restricter, App Permissions controller, and much more. Adhell makes use of Samsung Knox SDK, so you can use it natively with your Samsung stock firmware; TouchWiz or Sasmsung Experience 9.0. Moreover, it doesn’t need root access. With the help of developers, Adhell 3 is now available for download.
Since Adhell (first) was abandoned by the original developer, the source code remains available publicly. Hence, developers released Adhell 2 and SABS (Simple Ad Blocker for Samsung), which were similar to Adhell but with more features for free. Later, Samsung also put a stop to SABS project. Now, although Adhell, or SABS may be abandoned, Adhell 3 still lives. The source code was just updated 1 day ago.
Adhell 3 can also serve as a URL or websites blocker, blacklist or whitelist apps for Ad-blocking, etc set Adhell 3 works with the latest Oreo stock firmware on Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+, Note 8, Galaxy S9/S9+, S7, S7 Edge, Note 5, and more. It has also been tested on several other Samsung devices with Android version 5.0 or higher.
You may also be interested in SABS (Simple Ad-Blocker for Samsung), which can still be installed without any issue. Moreover, it also has a ready to install APK available in the post.
In order to install Adhell 3, you will need to download the full source code, extract it, open the project in Android Studio, and compile it to install an Adhell 3 APK onto your Samsung Galaxy device. There is no direct APK available right now.
Installing Adhell 3 could be time consuming for some. It requires some technical knowledge. You need 3 things before installation –
- The complete Adhell 3 source code (listed below).
- A Samsung Knox Enterprise license key (Knox key).
- You will also need to set an
applicationIDor change package name if already set.
Step 1: How to get the Samsung Enterprise Knox key license key?
- Sign in here with your Samsung account.
- Go here.
- Go to “Legacy SDKs” (Steps 3-7 are demonstrated in the picture here).
- Go to “Knox Standard SDK”.
- Select “Enterprise license key”.
- Write any word in alias.
- Press “Generate license key”.
- Copy the key. If the key starts with letters “KLM”, you didn’t follow the steps correctly. Complete the steps 3-7 again.
Step 2: How to Install Adhell 3?
Update: Adhell 3 has been moved to GitLab. The adhell 3 installation process has been updated too. Fix the error:
Supported source version 'RELEASE_7' from annotation processor 'android.arch.persistence.room.RoomProcessor' less than -source '1.8'
In this step, we will be changing the package name for the Adhell 3 APK. We already have an APK which
Download Adhell 3
Update: Adhell 3 has been moved to GitLab. Hence, you will need to register to the website and visit the following website to download the latest sources.
- Download Adhell 3 from GitLab | Register > Login > search adhell3
- The Knox Standard SDK can be downloaded here.
- The Enterprise License Key can be obtained here.
- The API can be found here
Note: GitHub is obsolete now, use GitLab. So in order to download In order to get the latest Source code, you can visit the Adhell 3 Github page and clone and download the code from here. You can still simply download the master zip.
You can directly download and install the latest SABS modified APK from above and see if it works. If not available, then you will need to download the source code, and open the project in Android Studio, change the package name, and install it. The steps are listed below.
- On your Samsung device, Enable USB Debugging on your phone – Go to Settings > About phone > Software information > Press rapidly about 10 times on Build Number until a message “You are now a developer!” appears. > Go back to Settings > Developer Options > Turn on USB Debugging.
- Connect your phone to your PC. When you see a popup on phone, select always allow from this computer to enable USB Debugging.
- Download the Adhell master zip from above download section to PC or computer.
- Now extract the Adhell source zip to PC.
- Also, extract the Knox Standard SDK.
- Copy the
libscontent and put it to
app\libsfolder in the extracted Adhell 3 source project.
- Download and install the latest version of Android Studio from here.
- Once installed, run the Android Studio exe file.
- Once it opens, select “Open an existing Android Studio project”.
- Choose the extracted folder of source code.
- Install the latest SDK and other files when asked. Follow the instructions on the screen. It may take time.
- When the project has been loaded completely, the progress bar will be gone at the bottom.
- Form the left tab on screen, open the “Gradle Scripts” and then “Build.Gradle (Module:app)”.
- Find the line “
applicationId“com.”. Usually it is on the 15th line.
- Change the
applicationIdto a package name such as “
com.adhe123.ahd1” to a random or unique sequence of letters and digits. Keep the sequence length same as before (i.e, 3.7.4).
- An alert should appear at the top of the screen. Select “Sync Now”.
- Wait for the project to load.
- In Android Studio click the Play button or simply press the keys Shift+F10.
- Select your phone and press OK.
- The Adhell APK will be generated and installed on your phone.
Step 3: How to setup Samsung Knox key into Adhell 3?
- Launch the adhell3 app from your Samsung Galaxy phone.
- From the app, Enable Admin.
- Enter the Samsung Knox license key in the field.
- Submit Knox key.
- Activate License.
- Turn on Adhell.
Note: If the Adhell doesnot block Ads on chrome, this is due to the recent DNS changes brought to Chrome for Android. Visit this tutorial.
Follow the instructions in the step 2 to run Adhell 3. For users, who are seeing Force close on using the latest Adhell master zip, can use this one here as well. Download Adhell 3 tested working.