Nokia has now started rolling out Android 8.1 Oreo for some of its flagship phones. The Nokia 8 is one of the first devices to receive 8.1 Oreo firmware update. Chief Product Officer of HMD Global tweeted about the roll out of Android 8.1 Oreo for Nokia 8. It also features the February 2018 Android Security Patch. Download and install the latest available OTA update onto Nokia 8.
This makes Nokia the first manufacturer after Google to release Android 8.1 update. This will be followed by other smartphones like Nokia 3, 5, 6, and 7. The mentioned OTA comes with a new firmware build number V4.84A which weighs around 1.5 GB in size. It is currently available in some parts of Europe including Netherlands, Denmark, etc.
Nokia is being pro-active in seeding monthly updates as well as complete OS upgrades. It brings latest February 2018 security patch along with several new features to the devices. This includes the battery saving navigation buttons, new power menu, new settings menu, Bluetooth battery percentage, etc.
Here is a video featuring Android 8.1 for Nokia 8:
Download and Install Nokia 8 Oreo OTA update and stock firmware
The latest Android 8.1 Oreo is now yet available. So we have posted the latest available Android 8.0 Oreo full firmware file. Stay tuned for more updates here.
First you will have to upgrade to the previously available stock firmware Android 8.0 Oreo using Nokia’s official firmware flashing tool known as OST ( Online Service Tool) and later capture the OTA update for Android 8.1.
Nokia’s firmware comes in “.nb0″ format which can be only detected by the OST tool. The latest Oreo firmware file is :
NB1-435J-0-00WW-B01-OREO.zip. Let’s see how can we capture the OTA update.
- Nokia 8 Oreo Firmware | Mega Download | Alternative Link
- Previous firmware Download link for Nokia 8
OST tool & patch
1. Download original firmware from the above link
2. Download OST LA v6.0.4
3. Download patch
4. Unpack OST LA with 7zip and install on your PC
5. Unpack patch (password :- 123)
6. Replace . exe file OnlineUpdateTool with an exe file OnlineUpdateTool exracted from the patch and delete OnlineUpdateTool.exe.config in a folder C:\Program Files (x86)\OST LA (see pic.1 )
7. Unpack software with 7zip.
8. Start patched OST LA from the above mentioned folder by double left-click on exe file incicated on pic2.
9. If everything is alright the program will run without requesting login and password to hook up with a server.
10. Select the original software.
11. Enter your Nokia 6 into Download mode connected with USB cable to your PC.
12. After your device enter into Download mode, the button Edit Phone Information will be available. Push that button and wait for a error (something like failed to reboot to FTM mode) being appeared. Don’t be so tragical about it. Press OK and see the button Next should be activated..
13. After button Next become active, press on it and and have an eye on the flashing process or have a cup of tea not to kill time.
14. Your device will reboot and you may congratulate oneself.
How to download Android 8.1 Oreo update?
Once you have updated to official 8.0 Oreo update, its time to capture the Android 8.1 OTA update.
- On your device go to Settings > About Device > System Updates
- Tap Check for Updates to see if the latest update is available yet.
- Download the next Android 8.1 OTA.
- Now approve and install the OTA update.
Since the update is sized around 1.5 GB, get a strong Wi-Fi network and install the update to save your carrier data charges.