Mi A1 is the first and the latest smartphone from Xiaomi which comes under the Android One software tag. This is the reason, it gets so much of OTA updates and so fast. Most importantly, it is not based on the MIUI 9 firmware, but rather the stock AOSP sources. The Mi A1 has already received Android 8.0 Oreo update last month under Xiaomi’s beta program. Later on, the device received a stable version of Oreo as well. Today, we are here with the Beta 2 8.1.10 OTA with performance enhancements, more SOT, and several bug fixes for the A1.
The Oreo Beta 2 for Mi A1 features the newest January 2018 Android Security Patch. It comes with firmware build number OPR1.170623.026.8.1.10 (8.1.10). The OTA fixes the random reboots issue while using various apps and performing various actions. It also fixes the DND visual bug that many users were facing. Most importantly, the fingerprint gesture is back again. You will also see a fix for ambient display as well.
Download the update from below. The full firmware file OPR1.170623.026.8.1.10 is now available for download. All you need to do is get the zip, extract it on PC and flash it running the flasher file. We have also listed the stable version, if you are interested.
Download Oreo Beta 2 for Mi A1 8.1.10
- Mi A1 Android 8.0 Oreo Beta 2 | Download 0PR1.170623.026.8.1.10
- Mi A1 Oreo stable | Download 7.12.29 – OPR1.170623.026
Changelog for Mi A1 Oreo OPR1.170623.026.8.1.10:
- Fixed random reboots
- Fixed DND visual bug
- Fingerprint Gesture option is back again
- Fixed Ambient display
- Google Dialer app lag ﬁxed
- FP is faster now
- Better System on Time and standby time.
- Smoother system transition
- Stability improvements
- January 2018 Android Security Patch
How to install Oreo onto Mi A1 easily?
The installation is simple, the packages listed above are full firmware packages, often termed as Fastboot flashable zips. All you need to do is reboot into fastboot mode and flash the ROM by running a flasher.bat file.
You can select from three options. The first is without losing data. The second is erasing the data. The last one is a clean installation and relocking Bootloader.
- Make sure your PC has ADB and Fastboot drivers for Mi A1.
- Now, extract or unzip the MiA1-Tool-Flasher-Oreo.7z tool from above.
- Now, reboot your Mi A1 into Fastboot Mode. To do so, turn off your device completely and then press and hold Vol down (or up) & Power buttons at the same time.
- Now, connect Android device to PC via USB cable.
- Execute the Rom-Flasher.bat
- Select one of 3 flashing options of the popup window. (option 2 for avoid conflicts, data will be erased)
- Installation will begin.
Enjoy the Oreo ROM.