AT&T Galaxy S8 and S8+ are now receiving Android 8.0 Oreo OTA update today following other variants like the Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon. As all the Snapdragon variants hold the same model number SM-G950U (for S8) and SM-G955U (for S8 Plus), all the carrier bound variants are receiving the same firmware build number. The latest Oreo OTA update which comes in a package of 1.5 GB, carries the Baseband version G950USQU2CRB9 and G955USQU2CRB9 for the S8 and S8+ respectively.
The new Oreo OTA is based on the newer February 2018 Android Security Patches in the US. AT&T has released the details of the new firmware on their support site. is no exception. However, the network carrier has only published it for the S8 G950U. We soon hope the same for AT&T S8+ as well. Not much is know about the update as of now, except it is based on Samsung Experience 9.0.
If you want to capture the OTA, then you should definitely swipe down from the Notification bar and tap the Settings icon, tap on Software update > Check for updates. Download and install the OTA update. If you still can’t see the OTA, you can manually update your device to CRB9 using the following methods. We have also captured the full Odin stock firmware file and OTA update zips readily flashable via ADB sideload method.
You may like:
- All Snapdragon Galaxy S8/S8+ Android 8.0 Oreo update
- Galaxy S8 Oreo update for Exynos variant
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ ROM port
- Release date: March 20, 2018
- Android version: 8.0.0
- Security patch level (SPL): February 1, 2018
- Baseband version: G950USQU2CRB9
- Build number: R16NW.G950USQU2CRB9
- Build fingerprint: 8.0.0/R16NW/G950USQU2CRB9
- Previous version required: G950USQS2BQL1 & G950USQS2BRB1
- OTA File size: 1.55GB
- Odin firmware file size: 2GB
Download AT&T Galaxy S8/S8+ Android 8.0 Oreo OTA update
First make sure your device is on the previous stock Nougat BRB1 firmware build. If not, flash it using Odin software. Later, update to CRB9 with the sd card via recovery. Links below for the s8/s8+.
Here is the direct download link to the firmware OTA bearing build number G950USQU2CRB9 and G955USQU2CRB9 for Galaxy S8 and S8+ respectively.
AT&T Galaxy S8:
DOWNLOAD OFFICIAL OREO S8 OTA update zip
DOWNLOAD STOCK 2BRB1:
STOCK S8 2BRB1
AT&T Galaxy S8+:
DOWNLOAD OFFICIAL OREO S8+ OTA update zip
DOWNLOAD full STOCK 2BRB1:
STOCK S8+ 2BRB1
For the AT&T Galaxy S8 devices, you have an option to flash an unlocked firmware as well. So no more carrier bloatware. You can download the full stock firmware directly from the Samsung servers using tool called SamFirm. Once you have the firmware you can now use the Odin Tool to install it.
How to update AT&T Galaxy S8 (plus) to Android 8.0 Oreo via OTA update zip?
As the AT&T Samsung updates do not come with full stock firmware. All you get are the OTA update zip files. So users on AT&T can download the OTA update from above and flash it via stock recovery or ADB sideload method.
Read: How to install OTA updates on Android phones? (ADB sideload method)
Steps for OTA update Installation:
- Make sure your AT&T Galaxy S8 and S8+ device is on the previous G950USQS2BRB1 or G955USQS2BRB1 firmware build. The OTA update is from BRB1 to CRB9.
- Download the OTA update from above firmware zip file and move it to device storage. You can choose to rename the zip file for convenience. For instance, update.zip. However, that is completely optional.
- Turn off your device completely.
- Now, Long press the Bixby button + volume up button + press the power button.
- You will see a black screen with options. We need to enter the recovery mode.
- From recovery mode, Press vol up + down to go to “Apply update from SD‘ > highlight that and press the power button.
- When you see the zip file, highlight it and press the power button.
- Wait for some minutes while the update installs.
That’s it. Your AT&T Galaxy S8/S8+ is now updated to the latest security patch with other new features. Follow our social media handles for all latest firmware updates for every Android device.