OnePlus is rolling out Oxygen OS 4.5.15 for one of its latest flagship phones OnePlus 5. While this new update is still based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat, it does feature the October 2017 Security Patch. Not just the patch, but the OTA update brings a whole lot of improvements and bug fixes. The full update log has been listed below. We have also listed the Oxygen OS 4.5.15 OTA and full firmware zip downloads below. See the instructions of installing Oxygen OS.
The incremental OTA roll-out of OxygenOS 4.5.15 for the OnePlus 5 also come with GPS improvements. The software development team has also fixed an issue with setting the alarm tone. We can also see an issue fixed while sharing emoji from Bitmoji. Others are general bug fixes.
OnePlus is also looking forward to rolling out Android 8.1 Oreo based Oxygen OS 6.0. However, that is a thing of the future. Currently, the manufacturer is focusing on the official Open Beta 2 based on Android 8.0 Oreo. The previous Oxygen OS 4.5.13 brought several improvements and optimizations.
Some of the highlights of this build include:
Android System improvements:
- GPS improvements
- Fixed issue of not able to set customized alarm ringtone
- Fixed issue of sharing emoji from Bitmoji
- Updated Android security patch to October
- General bug fixes
Download Oxygen OS 4.5.15 for OnePlus 5
- Oxygen OS 4.5.15 OTA update | Download | OnePlus 5
- Oxygen OS 4.5.15 stock firmware | Download | OnePlus 5
The OTA update is currently not available. However, we will update it as soon as possible. Meanwhile, if you want the update right now, you can do the following tricks.
The OTA updates first seed in Germany and Canada. So the trick is to change your location to these regions and check for OTA updates.
How to capture Oxygen OS OTA update?
- Download and install a VPN app like Opera VPN.
- Launch the application and run the VPN. By default it selects United States.
- Change it to Canada or Germany. GO back to home screen on phone.
- Later, go to Settings app > System Updates > and Check for OTA updates.
- You may receive an OTA update notification for Oxygen OS 4.5.
- Proceed to download and installation.
Moreover, if you can download the full stock firmware file from the download section (once available) and do a local upgrade.