The Oxygen OS Oreo Beta for the OnePlus 5 has been leaked and it is stunning. The full signed stock firmware is now available for download. Following the Open Beta 26/17 for OnePlus 3/3T which brought Android 8.0 Oreo, the manufacturer started the closed beta program for OnePlus 5. After testing the closed beta, OnePlus 5 would roll out the first-ever Oreo open beta to the public. However, the closed beta got leaked.
As soon as the firmware got leaked via the official H2OS server, users made a mirror. Following you will find the signed firmware package of the first ever Android 8.0 Oreo build for OnePlus 5. The installation is simple. All you have to do is transfer the OOS Oreo ROM to internal storage and do a local upgrade.
OnePlus became the first third-party manufacturer after Google to release the Oreo beta for OnePlus 3/3T. As it comes to OnePlus 5, it becomes the first smartphone manufacturer to get the majority of its phones on the latest Android version. All we have is the following image for now. More screenshots coming our way. So stay tuned.
Download Oxygen OS Android 8.0 Oreo Beta for OnePlus 5
Note that, this is a very first closed beta build. So it may be unstable at times. Also, there is no package to downgrade like that came with OnePlus 3/3T. Hence, you may be stuck on Oreo for good. Unless you are willing to wipe system and lose data.
How to install?
- First, download the stock firmware for Oreo Beta for OnePlus 5 | Download.
- Transfer all the zip file to phone’s internal storage in the root directory. Do not put it in any folder.
- Visit Settings > System update > Tap on Settings icon > Choose local Upgrade.
- Launch the Local Upgrade app and search for an upgrade package.
- Once you see an upgrade package, tap over it and then hit the install option.
The device will automatically reboot and perform an upgrade.
Alternatively, if your OnePlus 5 has TWRP and root, the directly flash the firmware. You may need to wipe data and system to avoid any conflict.