OnePlus is busy rolling out several updates for its beloved smartphones. Right now, the OnePlus 3 and 3T phones are receiving yet another Android 8.0 Oreo based Open Beta 26/17 OTA update. Yesterday, we saw OnePlus 2 getting the Oxygen OS 3.6.1 OTA with latest October 2017 security patch. Though it is still based on 6.0 Marshmallow, it does feature KRACK WPA2 vulnerability patch. Before that, OnePlus 5 received Oxygen OS 4.5.13. Now, download and install the OnePlus 3/3T Open Beta 26/17 firmware build based on Android 8.0 Oreo.
The latest Open Beta 26 for OnePlus 3 features a solid number of bug fixes like improvements to WiFi and Data connectivity, improved performance for NFC, Picture-in-Picture now works properly, and much more. After the update, you will also see that the unusual heating of the device during certain operations is now gone. It is still based on September 2017 patch.
Although there are several bug fixes, stability improvements, and performance enhancements, it still possess a few bugs. This includes slower fingerprint actions for one. Third-party apps may not be completely optimized or compatible. After all it’s a beta update and some minor bugs are acceptable at this point.
The same goes for the Open Beta 17 for OnePlus 3T. Being sister phones, the updates are same for both the devices. They even have the common stable Oxygen OS 4.5.1 OTA update. The phones are sure to receive the stable Android 8.0 Oreo with Oxygen OS 5.0 or later before the end of this year. Though Oreo will be the last firmware upgrade for the OnePlus 3/3T, they will continue to receive monthly security patch upgrades.
Features, update logs, and screenshots:
Changelog and new features:
- User Feedback app is back
- You can continue sending bug reports via the app again
- Improved Wifi and Data connectivity
- Please let us know if you see a change in the behavior of your network connections
- Improved the performance of NFC
- Improved stability of Picture in Picture
- Apps that are supported by PiP are less likely to cause a reboot
- Reduced likelihood of device heating up in certain circumstances
- Fixed issue of missing voicemail tab in dialer
- Sorry about that..
- Other general bug fixes
- This includes things like the Notification dot issue, ambient display issues, random reboots, available storage calibration, and many other smaller issues.
- Fingerprint actions may still be slower than you are used to
- Performance and compatibility of 3rd party apps are still being optimized
Oxygen OS 8.0 Oreo: Download Open Beta 26/17 OTA and full firmware update
Here you will find the full signed stock firmware updates for the latest Open Beta 26 and Open Beta 17 for OnePlus 3 and 3T. The full stock firmware will let you upgrade seamlessly via stock recovery or TWRP recovery as well.
Full firmware packages of Open Beta 26/17 is out for OP3/T OP
- OnePlus 3 OpenBeta 26: Full ZIP (Official Download)
- OnePlus 3T – OpenBeta 17: Full ZIP (Official Download)
You may also like: Pixel Launcher 3.0 from Android 8.1 Oreo.
How to install using local upgrade method?
- Download the full stock firmware from above.
- Transfer all the Open Beta 26/17 to phone’s internal storage outside every folder.
- Go to Settings > System update > Tap on Settings icon > Choose local Upgrade.
- From the Local Upgrade app select the Oxygen OS upgrade package.
- Tap over the upgrade package and then hit the install option.
Once done, device will automatically reboot and perform an upgrade.
How to downgrade to Android 7.1.1 Nougat?
You can downgrade back to previous Android 7.1.1 Nougat based Open Beta using the special rollback packages listed here.