Table of Contents
Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus are Samsung’s best smartphones. With a large user base and numerous developers, the two devices have been receiving the latest updates and custom ROMS. The S8 and S8+ are currently running on the latest October 2017 security patch based on Android 7.0 Nougat. We have already seen rooting tutorials and TWRP installation tutorials before. Now we will show you how to install the stunning Pixel 2 ROM port for Galaxy S8/S8+.
The Pixel 2 ROM listed below is a hybrid between the Note 8 port and the Pixel 2 user interface. The Pixel mods include all the Pixel 2 XL Oreo Apps, Pixel Sounds (Ringtones, Notifications, UI), Widgets, boot animations, setup wizard from AOSP, System UI, Oreo’s new notification bar and much more. However, the base firmware is of Note 8 based on 7.1 Nougat and all the latest Note 8 features ported to it.
As the firmware is based on Note 8, it brings Android 7.1.1 Nougat based on Samsung Experience 8.5 to the S8 and S8+. You will also find some iOS features, OnePlus 5 apps, Pixel 2 XL feature port, and the latest Oreo UX. The ROM is pre-rooted with an option to choose from SuperSU and Magisk in the AROMA interface.
What’s new with Pixel 2 XL ROM port for Samsung S8/S8+?
- Latest Note8 Firmware.
- All Pixel 2XL Oreo Apps.
- Pixel Sounds(Ringtones, Notifications, UI).
- Pixel 2XL Widgets.
- Pixel Animations.
- SetupWizard from AOSP.
- Samsung keyboard AROMA choice.
- Dual Speaker Mod in AROMA
- iOS 10 emojis in AROMA.
- Pixelified system(build.prop, play store etc).
- GPS Fix for faster GPS connection.
- AOSP Lockscreen.
- Oreo SystemUI(notification bar).
- Pixel Navbar.
- Pixel 2XL Oreo Live Wallpapers.
- Pixel 2XL Launcher.
- SuperSU or Magisk in AROMA.
- Notorious Kernel.
- Pixel Boot Animation.
- OnePlus5 Weather App.
You may also like:
How to install Pixel 2 XL ROM port for Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+?
This is a custom ROM. Hence, your device needs to be rooted with latest TWRP recovery. The download section is listed below.
1. Make sure your S8 and S8+ device is rooted with latest TWRP recovery.
2. Download the latest Pixel 2 ROM and all the necessary components from below. (The download section is below.)
3. Transfer the Pixel 2 ROM zip to phone storage or SD card.
4. Reboot into TWRP recovery.
5. Tap on install option and Flash the Pixel ROM.
6. The device will go into AROMA installer. Follow the onscreen instructions and choose the features you like.
7. The installation will start.
8. Once done, reboot to system.
It is reported that the manufacturer’s software development team is currently working on the Oreo beta program for the S8 and S8+. So stay tuned for which we will be the first ones to update you about it.