Table of Contents
The ZTE Axon 7 was one of the first devices to receive the Android 7.1.1 Nougat update, along with the Pixel variants and the OnePlus 3/3T but in an unfortunate turn of events, the update only targeted a few countries, leaving most of its users out to dry running Android Nougat 7.0
Although the Axon 7 is a bootloader unlockable device, which enables the users to flash the latest firmware all by themselves, OTA updates and fixes need to be provided in time to guard against malwares which could affect the device. The latest build carries the version number ZTE A2017GV1.2.0B05 and weighs on a heavier side at 2GB. The firmware update also includes security patch for the month of June and is aimed at the A2017G variant.
Changelog for Axon 7 Nougat 7.1.1 update:
The latest update for ZTE Axon 7 does not come with an official changelog but the major observed changes are mentioned down below
- Android OS upgraded to 7.1.1
- Wi-Fi Calling Support added
- Daydream update and optimization
- June Security patch level
- Caller ID (HIYA) update
- Miscellaneous performance improvements and other bug fixes
- Night Light Scheduling added
Sadly the update does not include the latest July security patch nor does it bring any extensive changes to the UI.
Download ZTE Axon 7 Android 7.1.1 Nougat update A2017GV1.2.0B05
How To Install ZTE Axon 7 Nougat update A2017GV1.2.0B05
Note: The following steps are only recommended for users on a Stock ROM. Since this is an official firmware file, do not try to flash it via a custom recovery. This may brick your device
- Download the firmware update from the download section.
- Transfer the file to the root of your SD-card
- Reboot into stock recovery by pressing Volume Down + Power button simultaneously.
- Tap on Install Update from storage.
- Alternatively, go to Settings >System Updates and do a Local upgrade.
- Wait for the firmware to flash.
- Reboot to system.