Table of Contents Hide
The Hydrogen OS 3.0 based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat finally released for the OnePlus 3 and 3T. The H2OS 3.0 Third edition for OnePlus 3T and version 2 for OnePlus 2 comes with a stable version. Stable HydrogenOS was previously stuck on Android 7.0 Nougat for along time. Moreover, the H2OS Open beta is already running the latest Android 7.1.1 OS. Today, with the latest July Security patch release, OnePlus decided to roll out a new firmware update with Hydrogen OS 3.0 release 3. On the contrary, Oneplus 5 is enjoying the latest H2OS 3.5 firmware update.
The main attraction of this update is the touch screen latency bug fix for the OnePlus 3 and 3T. Other than the new Android version and touch latency fix, H2OS 3.0 stable release 3 comes with WiFi, Network, GPS, Bluetooth, and overall system improvements. The full change log is listed below. The touch latency patch was already introduced with the previous Oxygen OS Open Beta updates.
This also means that the touch latency fix shall soon rollout for the OnePlus 3 phones with the next Oxygen OS 4.1.7 or later.
Update log for Hydrogen OS 3.0 based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Hydrogen OS upgrade to Android 7.1.1 Nougat
Bug fixes and optimizations:
- New growth screenshot function – interception of the contents on the screen.
- Optimize image stabilization effect of camera to take pictures and videos.
- Improved connectivity with WiFi, GPS and Bluetooth.
- Optimization for touch screen fluency – touch latency fix.
- Compatibility with third-party application.
- System stability.
- Fixed issues with third-party file manager – does not immediately release the space after deleting files.
- Fixed SIM card contacts duplication or does not read the question.
The very first thing you will notice here is the brand new Android 7.1.1 Nougat source code. Other than the new AOSP sources, the firmware brings several optimizations to the touch latency, network, connectivity options, and much more.
How to Install H2OS 3.0 7.1.1 Nougat on OnePlus 3/3T?
Here you will find the full H2OS firmware files. It can be directly flashed over the previous H2OS updates. Moreover, if your OnePlus 3 or 3T is running on official Oxygen OS 4.1.6 or Open Beta 19, then do a local upgrade. Download the full ROM zip and follow the steps below.
For those of you who don’t know, H2OS is an alternative ROM developed for the Chinese variants of the OnePlus phones. This can run on the global variants as well.
Download Hydrogen OS 3.0 version 3 based on 7.1.1 Nougat for OnePlus 3/3T
How to update to H2OS?
- Download the full firmware file from above.
- Transfer it to your device storage in root directory.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to System Updates.
- Tap on the top right settings icon.
- Tap on Local upgrade option.
- Choose the H2OS firmware file.
Approve the installation and let it do its thing. For a detailed tutorial, head over to our tutorial on how to easily switch between Oxygen OS, H2OS, and Open Beta.