Table of Contents
OnePlus 3 and 3T are now receiving the latest Oxygen OS 4.1.6 OTA update based on the May 2017 security patch level. Earlier this month, the manufacturer released Oxygen OS 4.1.5 bringing a lot of bug fixes, and many new updates. However, according to the software development team, the OOS 4.1.5 has been withdrawn and a new version has arrived with almost similar update logs. The OOS 4.1.6 comes with almost the same changes and bug fixes as that of the previous one. So upgrade your OnePlus device using the downloads consisting of OTA and full firmware zip from below and flash via stock recovery.
Oxygen OS 4.1.6 for OnePlus 3 and 3T is not based on the latest Android 7.1.2 Nougat, but instead the OOS 4.1.5. Moreover, the two devices have already been promised Android O OTA upgrade later this year or at the most Q1 of 2018. So it doesn’t make sense compiling a complete Android OS at this point when the current OS still needs a lot of improvement. As stated in Oxygen OS 4.1.5, this new OTA update brings a new OnePlus community app v 1.9, newer security patches, battery optimization, VOLTE fix, WiFi fix, Camera bug fix, and much more. See the update log from below.
What’s new with Oxygen OS 4.1.6 – changelog
• Added system push notifications for important information from OnePlus
• Updated network settings for select carriers
• Updated OnePlus Community app to v1.9
• Updated Android Security Patch level to 1st May 2017
• Modified WiFi no internet indication icon
• Fixed storage issue present on 3rd party file managers
• Fixed VoLTE issue on certain Jio SIM cards
• Fixed connection issue on Android Auto
• Proximity sensor
• Camera low light focus
• Expanded screenshot
• Enhanced system stability
Download Oxygen OS 4.1.6 for OnePlus 3/3T – OTA and full firmware package
Oxygen OS 4.1.6 OTA update:
Oxygen OS 4.1.6 Full firmware update zip:
- OnePlus 3 | Download official | Download Full ROM zip
- OnePlus 3T | Download Official Server | OOS 4.1.6 OP3T Full Zip | Mega
You may also like:
- Official OnePlus 5 wallpapers
- Lineage OS 14.1 based on 7.1.2 Nougat
- Resurrection Remix 5.8.3+
- Paranoid Android 7.1.2 Nougat
How to update OnePlus 3 and 3T to Oxygen OS 4.1.6?
- Make sure your device is running the previous Oxygen OS 4.1.5 or OOS 4.1.3.
- Make sure your device has stock recovery setup.
- Download the OTA from above, if available.
- Or, install Opera VPN from Play Store.
- Change location to Canada or Germany.
- Check for updates.
You can manually flash the OTA by downloading from above. Check out the full tutorial from here.
Via full ROM zip:
- Download full ROM zip from above.
- Transfer file to internal storage of phone.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to System Updates.
- Tap on the Settings icon on upper right corner.
- Choose Local Upgrade.
- Tap on the Oxygen OS version file shown.
- Approve installation.
Check out this post for the full tutorial. Also, easily switch between Oxygen OS, Open Beta, and Hydrogen OS.