Table of Contents Hide
Samsung is now releasing a newer version of Android to some of its mid-range phones like the Galaxy A7 and A5. Following the premium devices like the Galaxy S8 (Plus), Samsung S7 (Edge), Galaxy S6 (Edge) (Plus), Note 5, and more, the official Android 7.0 Nougat now comes to the stunning Samsung A5 2016 and all of its variants. This includes SM-A510F/FD/K/L/S/M/Y. The OTA is rolling out across the globe and currently only countries like India, Italy, Turkey, Russia, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, etc. have started receiving OTA notifications. Other Europen countries like UK, Germany, Switzerland, Croatia, etc. will follow.
This brings the latest April 2017 security patch updates from AOSP for some of the variants. Moreover, the Nougat update will take the phone to firmware build number A510FXXU4CQDL for the Indian variant A510FD. Whereas, other regions are still running the previous A510FXXU4CQE4 baseband. The Android 7.0 has reached the A5 2016 even before the Galaxy A5 2017 edition. So download and install the update from below.
Download full Odin firmware for Samsung Galaxy A5 [Nougat]
Here is a tool to download the latest full firmware Odin files for Samsung Galaxy A5 based on Android 7.0 Nougat update for all the variants. The link provided below will take you to the SamFirm tool to download full firmware which is 100% safe, faster, and comes directly from Samsung servers. The listed below has no restrictions for downloading the firmware. No speed limit, no bandwidth limit.
The above image shows a glimpse of how to download firmware files via SamFirm tool directly from Samsung servers. Firmware details following:
|Device name||Galaxy A5 (2016)|
|Countries||India, and more|
|Software Version||Android 7.0 Nougat|
|Firmware Build date||Tue, 25 Apr 2017 04:39:24 +0000|
|Security Patch Level||2017-05-01|
|Product code||INS, etc.|
List of Samsung A5 models receiving official Nougat update – with Download links:
Here are third-party download links for firmware downloads. It has speed restrictions but is safe.
- Galaxy A7 2016 SM-A510F | Download (third-party website)
- Galaxy A7 2016 SM-A510FD | Download (third-party website)
- Galaxy A7 2016 SM-A510M | Download (third-party website)
- Galaxy A7 2016 SM-A510Y | Download (third-party website)
- Galaxy A7 2016 SM-A5100 | Download (third-party website)
- Galaxy A7 2016 SM-A510K | Download (third-party website)
- Galaxy A7 2016 SM-A510L | Download (third-party website)
- Galaxy A7 2016 SM-A510S | Download (third-party website)
How to install Nougat update onto Samsung Galaxy A5 via Odin?
If you already have the downloaded the above firmware, then you will also need ODIN TOOL – Download Link, to install the update and restore the device to stock.
- Verify your device for compatibility and download the proper firmware and Odin software for your Galaxy A5 variant.
- Enable USB Debugging and Advanced Reboot from developer options on your A5 device.
- Enable OEM Unlocking from Developer Options.
- Install and run Odin on your PC.
- Reboot Android into download mode using the Advanced reboot.
- Connect the phone via USB cable.
- Look for the blue ID: COM and the added message in Odin.
- Now click on the AP/PDA tab in Odin and add the stock Nougat firmware for Samsung. It should be a .tar or .md5 extension.
- Click on start option and begin the flashing.
- It takes few minutes to see the PASS message.