Table of Contents Hide
With the end of February, we have noticed Samsung pushing firmware updates to its stunning smartphones including Samsung Galaxy S7 (Edge), Galaxy Note 5, and much more. Moreover, in March the Korean smartphone manufacturer will roll out an update to Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, Galaxy A7, A8, and the J-series devices. Although the Note 5 is old, but it is not out of the software support update yet. Meanwhile, Samsung works on the official update, Note 5 users can still install the latest Android 7.0 Nougat build N920CXXU3CQB9.
The QB9 is the latest Nougat build officially from the Samsung Update Program. Thanks to XDA members for porting the new build to almost all the variant of the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 including SM-N920C, N920G, N920I, N920K/L/S. You will need Root and TWRP setup.
Samsung is still rolling out firmware updates along with the latest security patches. The Note 5(N920C), is currently running on the latest Android 7.0 Nougat and a few weeks back we have already posted on the same. Moreover, the
The Note 5 (N920C), is currently running on the latest Android 7.0 Nougat and a few weeks back we have already posted for te same the same. Moreover, the previous Galaxy Note 5 N920C Nougat build with baseband version N920CXXU3CQB2 has now been updated with QB6.
Features and screenshots
- Rebased on latest Nougat firmware
- Slightly debloated
- Fully rooted with magisk 11.1
- Edge features added from scratch
- Hidden lock on statusbar
- Screencapture and some more CSC stuff
- Kept goodies from NN3
- Changed device name to SM-G935F for -Edge downloads, Gear support
- Change device name to SM-N920C in build.prop for download additional language and change back afterwards
Check the below images to get a picture of how your new ROM will look.
How to install Samsung Note 5 Android 7.0 Nougat N920CXXU3CQB9 build?
This is a TWRP flashable custom ROM. The new update comes with the firmware build N920CXXU3CQB9 and is available for download for all Note 5 variants. You will find the detailed tutorial below on how to install the same.
Although it is a custom ROM, but upgrading will give you pure Samsung 7.0 Nougat experience. It based on official Nougat Beta to N920CXXU3CQB9 build. This ROM brings a whole lot of new features like the newest Nougat releases QB9, Stock Kernel N5, pre-rooted with Magisk 11.1, hidden power button in the status bar, and much more.
- Your device should at least have Android 6.0 Marshmallow (OEM) to install this ROM.
- Nougat N920CXXU3CQB9 build zip file Download zip
- Latest TWRP recovery.
- List of supported devices:
Step 1: Download the ROM and copy it on your internal SD of your device. The ROM size is 1.3 GB and you can download the same from above.
Step 2: Make sure your device is running at least Android 6.0 OEM ROM or above. Also make sure TWRP is setup. To know how to install TWRP on Samsung click here.
Step 3: Now once the TWRP recovery is setup on Samsung, reboot into TWRP recovery. Power off and hold Volume Down and Power simultaneously.
Step 4: Go to Backup and Nandroid backup all the partitions.
- Go to the recovery mode on TWRP> click backup> tick the system, data, EFS and Swipe to backup.
Step 5: Then head over to wipe and click it. Wipe partitions like System, data, cache and swipe to wipe. Do not wipe internal storage!
Step 6: Now, it is time to install our required ROM, just follow these steps:
- Go to Install–> Select the .zip file you want to install-> then swipe to confirm flash
- Wait till the installation completes.
- Once it is done-> Press Reboot button.
- Reboot will start.
- Normally, your device will take 5 minutes to reboot. So have some patience and wait accordingly.
- Once the Lock screen appears you will notice that your UI has changed.
Congrats. You have successfully installed the custom ROM. If you face any issues during installation, then shout in the comments section below.