Today, official Lineage OS 14.1 based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware was released for the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge variants. This is for the international variant with codename herolte and hero2lte. Download the latest Lineage OS 14.1 builds from below.
LineageOS, formerly CyanogenMod, has released the 14.1 version based on Android Nougat for Samsung S7 and the S7 Edge officially. If you liked CyanogenMod, then you would love LineageOS. Combined with the new features and optimizations of Nougat, LineageOS 14.1 is the latest and greatest custom ROM ever. Based on user preferences, it is highly customizable and sleek. Give it a try and you might really love it.
How to Install official Lineage OS 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy S7 (Edge)?
You must have the following things ready to flash LineageOS 14.1 on you device.
- Custom Recovery: TWRP (TeamWin Recovery Project)
- Rooted device Samsung Galaxy S7 device.
- Nougat Bootloader and Modem
- Latest Gapps package for Android 7.1.1 Nougat for ARM64
- Latest SuperSU 2.79 package for root access.
Download the ROM files from below links:
- Download for Samsung Galaxy S7 (herolte) | lineage-14.1-20170228-nightly-herolte-signed.zip
- Download for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (hero2lte) | lineage-14.1-20170228-nightly-hero2lte-signed.zip
Practice caution if you are doing this for the first time.
- Make sure a custom TWRP recovery is setup on Samsung Galaxy S7.
- Download the latest build of Lineage OS and all the required files from above.
- Reboot to recovery (TWRP).
- Take a complete Nandroid Backup.
- Go to Advanced Wipe and wipe partitions including System, Dalvik cache, cache, data. Or simply factory reset. Do not wipe internal storage.
- Tap on Install and Flash the ROM. Do not reboot yet.
- Tap install and glash Gapps for arm64
- To root the device, flash the latest SuperSu 2.79 SR3 or above.
- Reboot to system
The first boot takes a couple of minutes. Do not interrupt the process. If you come across any problems, you can restore the previous build from the TWRP backup. You can also restore Galaxy S7 to complete stock.
Screenshots of Lineage OS 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy S7 (Edge)
If you find any bug or have any problem, please mention in the comments below. We would be happy to assist you. Enjoy LineageOS. Happy customizing.
Source- Lineage OS downloads