The Hydrogen OS which is the alternate stock firmware for the two flagship duo from OnePlus has just received the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware update. This is the greatest surprise that comes to the OnePlus 3 and 3T users. This also makes the OnePlus the first manufacturer to bring the latest Android 7.1.1 update to their devices after the Nexus of course. Unusually, though, the security patch is based on the upcoming March 1, 2017, which is yet to be released by AOSP. The H2OS Public Beta full firmware files are now available for download.
As we predicted, the next Open Beta 12 and Open Beta 3 for the OnePlus 3 and 3T respectively brings the latest and greatest Android version 7.1.1 to the to flagship phones. Earlier this month, OnePlus China development team released the Hydrogen OS 3.0 based on Nougat. On the other hand, the international variants of the two devices already run on the latest Nougat firmware update with Oxygen OS 4.0.3 and Open Beta 11/2 as well.
Earlier this month, we asked OnePlus support whether the next Open Betas for OnePlus 3 /3T shall bring Android 7.1.1 Nougat, to which we received a tweet reply saying there is no official word. However, it seems like OnePlus 3 development team is back in action and looking forward to releasing the latest Android 7.1.1 to the Oxygen OS as well.
What’s new with H2OS Android 7.1.1 Nougat?
- The new Hydrogen OS H2OS brings the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware.
- H2OS Open Beta 9 for OnePlus 3
- H2OS Open Beta 3 to OnePlus 3T
- Desktop improvements include – Shot on OnePlus works can be set to wallpaper. Also, try to automatically replace every day.
- Cloud sync- Support for note synchronization. All content on note safe and secure.
- Supports collection of pictures by year and month.
- Support the location of the show when shooting, do you remember that time, that land, that person.
- Some sweet moments of photos or atlas can be hidden, the beautiful moment to steal their own (after selecting the upper right corner click “more – hidden”).
- Photo details increase the display of geographical location information and color chart, to the photographer for more data reference.
- The newly saved photos or a new transmission, first entered the library to increase the “Add photos” shortcut entrance, do not you find that just received photos.
- Fixes low-resolution images are not supported Double click to zoom issue.
- Increased color temperature, bright/dark adjustment, processing can be more delicate.
- Increase the level of correction, shoot crooked photos are also powerful back to heaven.
- Graffiti can choose the brush thickness, and quickly for your work poem a song.
- Support to add a custom watermark, beautiful photos, of course, need to have a special mark.
- Optimize editing long screenshots, the picture shows the size of the screen is always not fit the size of the problem.
How to Install official Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware update based on H2OS on OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T?
The Hydrogen OS is an alternate ROM for the OnePus device. Although, it brings the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat to the OnePlus 3 and 3T with Open Beta 9 and Beta 3 respectively. Here are the full firmware files.
Download latest H2OS Open Beta based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Android 7.1.1 H2OS for OnePlus 3 → Direct Download | OnePlus3Hydrogen_16_OTA_014_all_1702242121_0c67dd86616c455d.zip [1.32 GB]
- OnePlus 3 – Pan Baidu Mirror | Password: g7nb
- Android 7.1.1 H2OS for OnePlus 3T → Direct Download | File: OnePlus3THydrogen_28_OTA_014_all_1702241659_5110e89e0ce34eeb.zip [1.32 GB]
- OnePlus 3T – Pan Baidu Mirror | Password: 3e29
How to Install H2OS? We already have several posts regarding the installation methods. If the OnePlus 3 device is rooted, then flash the full firmware using custom TWRP recovery. On the other contrary, for a non-rooted Oneplus device, do a local upgrade. Check out the complete H2OS installation procedure along with the Google Play Services and Gapps Installer from here. This is probably the easiest way to install. The H2OS does not contain any Google apps, products, or services. Install them manually. For multiple method tutorials, see the previous H2OS 3.0 installation method.
Source – OnePlus forums China