Table of Contents
- Download AT&T Note 4 N910A Marshmallow Firmware
- How to Install AT&T Note 4 N910A Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow N910AUU2EPG7 OTA Update?
Here is a new Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware for the AT&T Galaxy Note 4. After a long wait, Samsung along with the US carrier have now finally released an update to the premium Note series device. The update comes in the form of a new firmware build number N910AUU2EPG7 which is an upgrade to the previous N910AUCS2DOI7 which was Android 5.1.1 Lollipop based. Some users also reported receiving a Beta AT&T update for the same. The beta version was released over the OI6 and took the At&T Note 4 to PF4 firmware. This is great news as the official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OTA update hs now been by Android enthusiasts. UPDATE: According to the official AT&T page the Galaxy Note 7 has now received the new N910AUCU2EPH5 firmware build based on the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
The PG7 brings a newer June security patch level and several bug fixes. It may come with AOSP source version MMB29M for Marshmallow. However, we are not sure because the AT&T support page has not yet been updated. We have seen a similar update for the AT&T Galaxy S6 (Edge), Galaxy S7 (Edge), AT&T Note 5, S5 G900A, etc. with July security patch level. This is not an Odin file, but an OTA update instead. For AT&T Note 4 users who have unlocked their phones or users outside the United States may benefit from this tutorial. You will need to flash the update manually.
Firmware information and screenshot:
The following information displays N910AUCU2EPH5:
- Android Version: 6.0.1
- Security Patch Level (SPL): August 1, 2016
- Baseband Version: N910AUCU2EPH5
- Kernel Version: 3.10.40-8932341 ([email protected]) #1 Wed Aug 17 19:04:42 KST 2016
- Build Number: MMB29M.N910AUCU2EPH5
- File Size: 1.3GB
- SMR versions OI6, OI7 and OI9 are supported.
The following information displays N910AUU2EPG7:
- Android version: 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Baseband version: N910AUU2EPG7
- Kernel Version: 3.4.0-8657901 [email protected] #1 Fri July 8 2016
- Build Number: MMB29M.N910AUU2EPG7
- File size: OI7 > PG7 = 1350MB, PA4 > PG7 = 1370MB
Download AT&T Note 4 N910A Marshmallow Firmware
Files to upgrade to N910AUCU2EPH5
Files to upgrade to N910AUU2EPG7:
Download the files from the source below:
- v5 SS-N910AUCS2DOI7-to-U2EPG7-UP.zip
- v4 SS-N910AUCS2DOI6-to-U2DOI7-UP.zip
- v3 SS-N910AUCS2DOI4-to-U2DOI6-UP.zip
- v2 SS-N910AUCS2DOI3-to-U2DOI4-UP.zip
- v1 SS-N910AUCS2DOI2-to-U2DOI3-UP.zip
- Download the files from the source.
- Download Mirror
OTA files from AT&T servers:
- v1: AT&T Note 4 → Build From DOI4 to EPF2
- v2: AT&T Note 4 → Build From SS-N910AUCS2DOI6-to-U2EPF2-UP.zip
- v3: AT&T Note 4 → Build From SS-N910AUCS2DOI6-to-U2EPG7-UP.zip
If you get a 404 error while downloading then take a look at this post. It may help downloading the official ATT update.
Download full stock Odin flashable firmware:
- Full Stock Firmware: Flashable via Odin with 4 separate files- PDA, CSC, Bootloader, etc
How to Install AT&T Note 4 N910A Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow N910AUU2EPG7 OTA Update?
The files listed above are OTA updates. Hence, you need to flash them either via stock recovery by choosing apply updates from SD Card or via ADB sideload method. You will need to update your firmware gradually. Meaning, first check the firmware build number of your device and then flash the proper OTA file. Go from v1>v2>v3>v4.
Note: This is a manual update method. Hence, you should be cautious about it. This procedure may wipe your data and apps. So make sure you backup everything on your PC like Contacts, Messages, Applications, pictures, and videos. Go through the prerequisites and then proceed with the instructions from below. Reader’s discretion is advised.
1. Verify your device for compatibility. The Marshmallow ROM is compatible with the listed AT&T S5 only.
2. Make sure you have latest device drivers setup on your PC for a better connection. Get it from the official page of your device manufacturer.
3. Make sure your device is on at least PA2 official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware. Otherwise, download the PA2 Odin firmware and flash via this tutorial.
Step 1: Download the firmware or OTA file for your Android device. You don’t need to extract the file, just place the file in the phone storage like SD Card where you can easily locate it.
Step 2: Add or replace .zip extension to the file you downloaded on your phone. For instance, if PF3 to PF8 is .bin then change it to .zip). You may need a separate application to do so on your Samsung device. Better rename it on your PC and then transfer the file.
Step 3: Move it to an SD card with at least 2GB free space.
Step 4: Reboot into recovery. Turn off the phone and wait a minute for it to completely turn off. Hold Volume Up + Home + Power until you see a little Android guy.
Step 5: Once into recovery, Select Apply Update from External Storage.
That’s it wait for the operation to complete. Alternatively, if the above procedure fails, you can also manually flash it via ADB sideload. Check out the full tutorial from here.
Source: XDA, AT&T Note 4