The Nothing Phone 2 is already running the latest Android 14 based Nothing OS 2.5 firmware update. The OTA should be rolling out globally for the Indian, USA, and the European variants. Today, the firm released a major update fixing critical bugs, bringing useful features and enhancements as requested by the community. Here, download the Nothing OS 2.5.2 incremental OTA update for the Phone 2.
The Nothing OS 2.5.2 finally adds direct access to the Glyph Interface’s Music Visualization feature. Quick Settings enhancements includes a switch for ring modes, setting your network without unlocking the device, adding convenience to your daily interactions.
The update also brings a ton of improvements, including refined visual effects on the lock screen interface. Optimized the display of icons in the status bar. Improved the success rate of fingerprint unlocking. Refined transition animations for the Photos widget. Improved stability in call and connection quality. Checkout the full changelog below.
Nothing OS 2.5.2 Features
Checkout the full changelog from the video coming directly from Nothing Tech:
Nothing OS 2.5 brings a redesigned joint Home Screen and Lock Screen page. The edit wallpaper flow has been refined, providing users with a more comprehensive view of options.
NOS 2.5 also introduces a new Atmosphere wallpaper effect, transforming background photos into dynamic wallpapers, giving you a seamless transition between the lock and home screens. The Glass wallpaper effect allows users to apply a Glass filter to their favorite wallpapers.
Glyph progress integration for Google Calendar. The Glyph Interface now features a 5-minute countdown, keeping you informed about upcoming events at a glance. Glyph Timer gets an upgrade with time presets, enabling users to quickly set desired durations. Accessible directly from the lock screen, this feature enhances time management without unlocking the device.
With a new Glyph animation for NFC usage and improved Flip to Glyph experience (V-7), Nothing OS 2.5 adds finesse to user interactions, ensuring a smoother and more engaging experience.
Nothing OS 2.5 also introduced new dynamic widgets like the Pedometer Widget to track your daily steps directly from the home screen. Set goals and monitor your progress effortlessly.
Media Player Widget, displaying the currently playing song for a seamless entertainment experience.
The Screen Time Widget, allows you to monitor and manage your daily screen time.
Nothing OS 2.5.2 Full Changelog
This update transitions you to Nothing OS 2.5, powered by Android 14 – our most significant update since the launch of OS 2.0.
Full of exciting new features and improvements to enhance your everyday experience. Here’s what’s in store:
- What’s new
- Get direct access to the Glyph Interface’s Music Visualization feature (some of you may have already discovered it).
- Added support for switching ring modes in Quick Settings.
- You can now directly set your network via Quick Settings without unlocking the device.
- Refined visual effects on the lock screen interface.
- Optimized the display of icons in the status bar.
- Improved the success rate of fingerprint unlocking.
- Refined transition animations for the Photos widget.
- Improved stability in call and connection quality.
- Bug Fixes
- Improved the game dashboard’s FPS to ensure it regularly updates.
- Resolved an issue causing the Glyph switch to automatically turn on in certain scenarios.
- Resolved a case where volume would automatically change during Flip to Glyph.
- Resolved a problem causing Glyph to turn off automatically when not within the Bedtime schedule.
- Resolved music playback so that it does not play during incoming calls in Vibrate Mode.
- Refined functions to ensure that double-tapping the power button can launch the Wallet.
- Resolved a problem that caused battery percentage to not appear in the status bar.
- Fixed stability issues with NFC functionality.
Download Nothing OS 2.5.2 for Phone 2
Here is the full stock firmware or full OTA update zip for Nothing OS 2.5.2 for Nothing Phone 2.
- Download Nothing OS 2.5.2 for Phone 2
- Download Nothing OS 2.5.1a for Phone 2
- Join our Telegram Channel
How to Install Nothing OS 2.5 full OTA update zip for Nothing Phone 1?
- Go to “Settings > About phone > Software info” to confirm that your system has been updated to the latest version (Nothing OS 2.0). If not, please go to “Settings > System > System update” to check for updates.
- Download the latest software update package.
- Create a folder named “ota” (without the quotes) at the root of the internal storage. Meaning outside every folder.
- Copy the OTA update ZIP file from above to that folder.
- Open the phone app and Dial
- The local update tool should launch.
- In the drop-down list that appears, select the upgrade package you just copied.
* If the upgrade package does not appear in the drop-down list, tap the “Browse” button to select the “ota” folder and then select the upgrade package.
- Tap the “Directly apply OTA from selection” button to start updating.
- Reboot your device after the upgrade process is complete.
- A pop-up will appear asking if you would like to reboot your device. We strongly recommend selecting “Confirm” here, as upgrades require a reboot to enter the new version.
- Upgrade successful
Note: If the dialer doesn’t work in your region,
The package name you should be looking for is
- Downgrade NOS 1.5.6 | Download roll-back package
Warning! Be careful while downgrading. Your phone storage may be formatted, and all your data will be erased. We recommend treating the beta with caution and backing up your information.