Nothing Tech released the highly-anticipated Nothing OS 2.0 firmware update last month. While an Android 14 beta based on Nothing OS 2.5 is already in the works for the Nothing Phone 1, we are more excited about the new stable Nothing OS 2.0.5 firmware update with the latest security updates.
Nothing OS 2.0.5 improved the synchronization between phone and headphone
volumes. Optimized display of the VoWiFi icon in the status bar.
The changelog also says updated security patch for overall protection, but it does not say which. We expect it to be the latest November 2023 security patches. Finally, the update addressed several system stability issues to provide a smoother user experience.
The OTA weighs 66.76 MB in size and can be downloaded from below. As you can see this is a small update with just a security bump. Stay tuned for Android 14!
The previous update brought two new features to the table. One of the standout features of the NOS 2.0.4 is the introduction of a hidden icons compartment.
Users can now swipe to the left side of the app drawer to reveal this discreet space. Apps placed here are not only relocated but also hidden from the main app drawer. This feature caters to users who prefer a minimalist app drawer or want to keep certain apps away from prying eyes.
Nothing OS 2.0.4 elevates personalization with the inclusion of the Photo widget. Now, users can showcase their favorite memories directly on the home screen or lock screen.
Full Nothing OS 2.0.5 changelog and features for Phone 1
- What’s new in this update
- Improved synchronization between phone and headphone volumes.
- Optimized display of the VoWiFi icon in the status bar.
- Updated security patch for overall protection.
- Addressed several system stability issues to provide a smoother user experience.
- Update size: 66.76 MB
Download Nothing OS 2.0.5 for Phone 1
Here is the full stock firmware or full OTA update zip for Nothing OS 2.0.5 for Nothing Phone 1.
- Download Nothing OS 2.0.5 for Phone 1
- Download Nothing OS 2.0.4 hotfix for Phone 1
- Join our Telegram Channel
How to Install Nothing OS 2.0 full OTA update zip for Nothing Phone 1?
- Go to “Settings > About phone > Software info” to confirm that your system has been updated to the latest version (Nothing OS 2.0). If not, please go to “Settings > System > System update” to check for updates.
- Download the latest software update package.
- Create a folder named “ota” (without the quotes) at the root of the internal storage. Meaning outside every folder.
- Copy the OTA update ZIP file from above to that folder.
- Open the phone app and Dial
- The local update tool should launch.
- In the drop-down list that appears, select the upgrade package you just copied.
* If the upgrade package does not appear in the drop-down list, tap the “Browse” button to select the “ota” folder and then select the upgrade package.
- Tap the “Directly apply OTA from selection” button to start updating.
- Reboot your device after the upgrade process is complete.
- A pop-up will appear asking if you would like to reboot your device. We strongly recommend selecting “Confirm” here, as upgrades require a reboot to enter the new version.
- Upgrade successful
Note: If the dialer doesn’t work in your region,
The package name you should be looking for is
- Downgrade NOS 1.5.6 | Download roll-back package
Warning! Be careful while downgrading. Your phone storage may be formatted, and all your data will be erased. We recommend treating the beta with caution and backing up your information.