Magisk is a popular rooting solution for Android devices. It just received a major update to v26.3 with new features, optimizations, and several bug fixes. Magisk allows users to modify their device’s system without tampering with the system partition. It has been a favorite among Android users for its ease of use and its ability to pass Google’s SafetyNet checks. Here, download Magisk 26.3 zip and APK with more changes and bug fixes.
Magisk v26 brought major changes to the development, after moving into the RUST environment. It also bumped the minimum supported Android version to Android 6.0. This means that the latest Magisk versions can now only be used on devices running Android 6.0 and above.
According to the developer, Magisk’s support for Android Lollipop has been pretty broken for a while and not many care about it. Plus, finding hardware to test magisk on such an old OS is hard. So it has been eliminated altogether.
Magisk v26.3 brings several important changes to the MagiskBoot, MagiskSU, MagiskPolicy, and the Magisk Manager app itself. The app now supports patching boot image from ROM zips. It will also properly preserve
boot.img when patching Samsung firmware with
Magisk Changelog v26.3
- [General] Fix device information detection script
- [General] Update BusyBox to 1.36.1
- [General] Update toolchain that produces broken arm32 executables
- [App] Fix root service unable to bind on OnePlus devices
- [MagiskBoot] Support extracting boot image from
- [MagiskBoot] Support cpio files containing character files
- [MagiskBoot] Support listing cpio content
- [MagiskBoot] Directly handle AVB 1.0 signing and verification without going through Java implementation
- [Daemon] Make daemon socket a fixed path in MAGISKTMP
- [resetprop] Support printing property context
- [resetprop] Support only printing persistent properties from storage
- [resetprop] Properly support setting persistent properties bypassing property_service
- [MagiskSU] Support
- [MagiskSU] Support switching mount namespace to PID with
- [MagiskPolicy] Fix patching extended permissions
- [MagiskPolicy] Support more syntax for extended permissions
- [MagiskPolicy] Support printing out the loaded sepolicy rules
- [App] Support patching boot image from ROM zips
- [App] Properly preserve
boot.imgwhen patching Samsung firmware with
As we already know, the previous Magisk v24 introduced Zygisk; Magisk in Zygote. When this feature is enabled, a part of Magisk will run in the
Zygote daemon process, allowing module developers to run code directly in every Android apps’ process. Zygisk is inspired by that project Riru and is functionally similar.
Magisk 26.3 APK Download
Here, download the latest Magisk ZIP and APK. Simply rename it Magisk.zip to get the zip file. Following are the direct download links right from the Github repository of the project.
Magisk APK Github downloads repository:
Magisk Modules Downloads Repository
Magisk is dropping support to download online modules. You will find Fox’s Magisk Module Manager below so you can restore the Magisk Modules functionality.
The centralized Magisk-Modules-Repo is also gone from Magisk 24. According to the developer, this is due to lack of time and maintenance. The functionality to download modules from the repo is removed in v24.0.
However, as planned by the developer, the MagiskHide has now been removed from Magisk completely. The developer has already put out a statement for the same. You can visit our post on Download Universal SafetyNet Fix post for more explanation.
How to Install Magisk v26.3 APK and Magisk ZIP?
The easiest way to install Magisk APK is as a normal app installation on any Android device. Alternatively, you can rename “Magisk-v26.3.apk” to “Magisk-v26.3.zip” and flash via TWRP recovery with ZIP extension.
How to install Magisk? Check out the updated installation guide for more info.
Use the Magisk v24+ APK and install it as a normal app onto Android 12, 11, 10, 9.0 Pie, 8.0/8.1 Oreo, 7.0/7.1 Nougat, Marshmallow, Android 5 Lollipop.
However, if you must, you can simply rename the magisk.apk to .zip and you get a TWRP flashable Magisk zip.