Soon after Google released Android 14, Samsung showcased their new One UI 6 firmware based on Android 14 for the Galaxy smartphones. After a month of beta testing, today, the firm released One UI 6 second beta with tons improvements and new features for the Galaxy S23 series. See what’s new with the update.
The second beta comes with build ZWHO and adds new features and apps to the system. The key highlight of the update is the redesigned Samsung Health front page. Samsung also added a new video editor named Studio. See all that’s new in the second beta of One UI 6.
Revamped Samsung Health Home Screen
One of the standout features is the revamped Samsung Health Home screen. Bold fonts and vibrant colors now make it easier to access vital health information. Exercise results are prominently displayed, and detailed feedback on daily goals for steps, activity, water, and food intake is provided.
Personalization takes a step further with the ability to customize water cup sizes in the Water tracker, aligning hydration goals with individual habits.
Enhanced Camera and Video Editing
Camera functionality is improved by allowing users to disable swipe gestures for camera switching. This avoids accidental switches and grants users more control.
Additionally, the Studio (Video Editor) which is Samsung’s video editing tool, offers even more powerful editing capabilities. With a project-based approach, users can engage in complex and intricate video editing. The ability to save unfinished projects and return to them later is a significant enhancement, as it allows users to take their time to perfect their creations. The multi-layered timeline structure simplifies the addition and adjustment of video clips, stickers, and objects, making the video editing process seamless and efficient. Furthermore, the introduction of additional saving options after trimming a video streamlines the editing workflow and promotes creativity.
Multi-layered editing simplifies the addition of clips, stickers, and other objects and adjusts their position and length easily.
Streamlined Notifications and Interaction
The Quick Panel receives a fresh layout that enhances the user’s interaction with notifications. Individual notifications now appear as separate cards, making it easier to distinguish and manage them. The alignment of notification icons with the app icons on the Home and Apps screens further simplifies identification, offering a consistent visual language throughout the interface.
Enhanced Productivity and Ease of Use
The One UI 6 Beta 2 update addresses user interaction on multiple fronts. It introduces the ability to drag and drop items on the Home screen with two hands. This feature adds a layer of convenience, allowing users to initiate actions with one hand while navigating screens with the other.
One UI 6 expands to more countries
The One UI 6 beta program has finally expanded to more countries in Europe. They will directly receive the new Beta 2 with build ZWHO. Samsung Galaxy S23, S23+, and S23 Utra users can download One UI 6 second beta in the United States, South Korea, Germany, and India. Here is how to register your device to download the OTA.
One UI 6 Beta 2 changelog
- S/W Version – One UI 6.0, ZWHO
- Samsung Health
- New look for the Home screen:
- The Samsung Health Home screen has been completely revamped. Bold fonts and colors make it easier to see the information you need most. Exercise results are shown at the top of the screen, and more feedback is provided about your daily goals for steps, activity, water, and food. .
- Custom water cup sizes: You can now customize the size of cups in the Samsung Health Water tracker to match the size of the cup you usually drink from.
- Turn off swipe up/down to switch cameras: Swiping up or down to switch between the front and rear cameras is now optional. If you’re concerned about accidental swipes, you can turn this off in Settings.
- Studio (Video Editor)
- More powerful video editing: Studio is a new project-based video editor, allowing for more complex and powerful editing. You can save unfinished projects and continue editing later. You can view your entire project as a timeline containing multiple video clips. The multi-layered structure lets you add clips, stickers, and other objects and adjust their position and length easily.
- More saving options: When you finish trimming a video in Gallery, a pop-up will appear that lets you choose between saving and overwriting the current video or saving a new video as a copy.
- Samsung Pass
- Safer sign-ins with passkeys : Use passkeys to sign in to supported apps and websites. Unlike passwords, your passkey is only stored on your phone and can’t be leaked through a website security breach. Passkeys also protect you from phishing attacks because they only work on the website or app where they were registered.
- Quick panel
- Enhanced layout for notifications: Each notification now appears as a separate card, making it easier to recognize individual notifications. Notification icons now look the same as the app icons that appear on your Home and Apps screens, making it easier to recognize which app sent the notification.
- Home screen
- Drag and drop with 2 hands: Start dragging items on your Home screen with one hand, then use your other hand to navigate to the screen where you want to drop them.
- Move events with 2 hands: In Day or Week view, touch and hold the event you want to move with one hand, then use your other hand to navigate to the day where you want to move it.
List of Samsung Galaxy devices to receive One UI 6 update
- Galaxy S23, S23+, S23 Ultra
- Galaxy S22, S22+, S22 Ultra
- Galaxy S21, S21+, and S21 Ultra
- Galaxy S21 FE
- Galaxy Z Fold 5, Galaxy Z Flip 5
- Galaxy Z Fold 4, Galaxy Z Flip 4
- Galaxy Z Fold 3, Galaxy Z Flip 3
- Galaxy Z Fold 2 and Galaxy Z Flip 5G
- Galaxy Tab S9, S9 Ultra
- Galaxy Tab S8, S8+, S8 Ultra
- Galaxy Tab S7, S7+
How to download One UI 6 Beta?
In order to register for the One UI 6.0 beta program, the Samsung Members app is a must. You will get a notice about the One UI beta program inside the Samsung Members app. Of course, this goes without saying, Galaxy S22 device is a must.
- Download the latest Samsung members app update from Play Store. Or download a standalone APK.
- Launch the app.
- Head over to the notice section and you should see a new One UI Beta Program link.
- Once you enroll into the beta program, head over to settings > system updates > download OTA updates.
Alternatively, you can directly go to the download links below and skip the Samsung Members part!
Download One UI 6 Beta OTA Update Zips
While the easiest way to get One UI 6.0 beta program is via Samsung Members app, there are more ways to get the OneUI 6OTA update unofficially.
Like every year, we will list the OneUI OTA download links alongside the direct enrollment links for your Galaxy devices. Once you click the enrollment link, it should immediately get you into the beta program.
Thanks to the Samsung community for capturing the OTA update zips.
Galaxy S23/S23+/S23 Ultra OTA update zip files
- Galaxy S23 Ultra
- Galaxy S23 Plus
‣ AWH3 TO ZWHO
- Galaxy S23
‣ AWGH ➝ ZWH8
Note: Rename [file].bin to [file].zip and paste it into the adb folder. Then install using this tutorial via ADB. Installation: How to install OTA updates on any Android device?
How to install One UI 6 OTA update zip onto Samsung Galaxy devices?
Note: Rename [file].bin to [file].zip and paste it into the adb folder. Then install using this tutorial via ADB.
#1. ADB Method Installation: How to install OTA updates on any Android device?
#2. SD-card method:
- Download the bin file and rename it to update.zip (by going to file options on your pc you can select to view the file extensions. This makes the renaming process much easier and safer, and avoids renaming the file to update.zip)
- Copy it to the root directory of your SDcard. Meaning, outside every folder.
- Power off your phone.
- Take a USB cable and connect it to any USB device like you PC, even AKG earphones could work.
- Then press Power+volume up buttons to get into recovery mode.
- Using your volume keys navigate to “update via sdcard” and press power button to select it.
- Again using volume keys navigate to the file “update.zip” and press power button to select it.
- Update will start.
- Complete installation will take some time.
- Phone will reboot by itself.
#3. Locally with Alliance Shield (no PC needed):
- Download the needed firmware and the Alliance Shield X app (PlayStore).
- Open the Alliance Shield X App and complete setup (Account creation and Knox permissions)
- Rename the downloaded Firmware-File to “Update.zip” (without Quotes) and move it to the root storage directory (/storage/emulated/0)
- Open the “App Manager” inside the Alliance Shield.
- Search for “Software Update” and select the option with the purple/white Icon.
- Go to the activities and search for “com.idm.fotaagent.enabler.ui.admin.main.AdminMainActivity”
- Select the Option and open it
- Press on sideload and select the Update-File
- Wait for the installation to complete…
#3. Force download One UI 6 beta on a US carrier Samsung Galaxy variants
This is for the carrier-locked Galaxy devices that want to get the One UI 5 beta OTA download notification. T-Mobile just released the One UI 5 update.
- Removed Sim
- Open dialer
- *#272 *imei#
- Select vzw (or tmb)
- Install “sales&network code change”
- Phone restarts and the latest Android 13 update will be downloaded and installed.
- After restart android 13 will be automatically downloaded.
- Put Sim back