Nothing Tech just recently launched their second-generation smartphone named Phone 2. It features the firm’s best-in-class Nothing OS 2.0. While, the Android 14 developer preview is already available for the Nothing Phone 1, users are most excited about the latest Nothing OS 2.0.
Earlier this month, Nothing OS 2.0.2 build got leaked for the Phone 1 showcasing a majority of features implemented from the Phone 2. We managed to capture the leaked Nothing OS 2.0 before anyone else. We will also capture the latest stable Nothing OS 2.0 for you. So stay tuned!
Nothing OS 2.0 for the Phone 1 packs exciting features, enhanced customization, and improved functionality.
For one, it features the updated Nothing OS 2.0 Launcher with tons of customization options. It gives your phone a fresh new look with a new UI, a new grid layout option, and also supports the option to hide icon labels.
With Nothing OS 2.0, the team has overhauled the design of key widgets including Clock, Weather, and Quick Look. Widgets are now available on the lockscreen and Always-On Display (AOD) as well!
Glyph Interface is the key highlight of this new update. Essential notifications take center stage, allowing you to mark select apps and contacts with persistent Glyphs. Stay informed at a glance, with important missed notifications catching your eye the moment you unlock your phone.
A simple long press on the Glyph Torch Quick Settings tile lights up the entire back of the phone and use it as a torch.
Nothing OS 2.0 also brings two new essential apps named Cloned and App Locker. The names are self-explanatory.
Checkout the complete changelog from below and also download the full-stock firmware once available.
Full Nothing OS 2.0 changelog and features for Phone 1
Here is what the Nothing OS team has to say about the latest firmware.
Phone (1), it’s your turn now. We are thrilled to introduce the Nothing OS 2.0, packed with exciting features, enhanced customization, and improved functionality. This changelog only contains the highlight features, but there are many areas in which we improved the Phone (1) software. A massive shoutout to the entire mobile development and test team working diligently to make Nothing OS 2.0 happen for Phone (1).
Here’s what’s new in the system update available as Nothing OS 2.0
- Homescreen customization
- Update a new visual identity that feels unmistakably Nothing.
- Updated launcher grid layout, supporting the option to hide icon labels.
- More options for customizable folders, try out different layouts and folder covers by expanding the folder.
- Nothing widgets
- Updated the design for the following widgets -Clock, Weather, and Quick Look. Also introduced the new Quick Settings widget, allowing you to access settings even quicker.
- Widgets are now also available on lockscreen and AOD.
- Glyph Interface 2.0
- Essential notifications – allow your most important apps and contacts to leave a persistent Glyph, so you know at a glance if you have any important missed notifications.
- Glyph torch – Long press the Torch Quick Settings tile to light up the entire Glyph Interface.
- New Apps features
- Introduced Cloned app – allowing you to operate multiple accounts in apps without logging out.
- Introduced App Locker – Protect your apps by requiring another unlock when attempting to open.
- Other improvements
- Updated auto-brightness logic
- Many improvements to optimize your Phone (1) experience.
- Update size: 0.97 GB
Download Nothing OS 2.0 for Phone 1
Here is the full stock firmware or full OTA update zip for Nothing OS 2.0.2 for Nothing Phone 1.
- Download Nothing OS 2.0.2 for Nothing Phone 1
- Previous: Nothing OS 2.0.2 leaked for Nothing Phone 1
- Join our Telegram Channel
How to Install Nothing OS 2.0 full OTA update zip for Nothing Phone 1?
- Go to “Settings > About phone > Software info” to confirm that your system has been updated to the latest version (Nothing OS 2.0). If not, please go to “Settings > System > System update” to check for updates.
- Download the latest software update package.
- Create a folder named “ota” (without the quotes) at the root of the internal storage. Meaning outside every folder.
- Copy the OTA update ZIP file from above to that folder.
- Open the phone app and Dial
- The local update tool should launch.
- In the drop-down list that appears, select the upgrade package you just copied.
* If the upgrade package does not appear in the drop-down list, tap the “Browse” button to select the “ota” folder and then select the upgrade package.
- Tap the “Directly apply OTA from selection” button to start updating.
- Reboot your device after the upgrade process is complete.
- A pop-up will appear asking if you would like to reboot your device. We strongly recommend selecting “Confirm” here, as upgrades require a reboot to enter the new version.
- Upgrade successful
Note: If the dialer doesn’t work in your region,
The package name you should be looking for is
- Downgrade NOS 1.5.6 | Download roll-back package
Warning! Be careful while downgrading. Your phone storage may be formatted, and all your data will be erased. We recommend treating the beta with caution and backing up your information.