Nothing Tech released the most anticipated Android 14 beta firmware update for the Nothing Phone 1 via the first developer preview build. This build is meant for developers to test their apps amongst other things on the Phone-1. Here is how you can download and install the Android 14 beta for Nothing Phone 1.
Google I/O 23 concluded a few hours ago with some stunning Android 14 revelations. It features enhanced Material You design, new Emoji Wallpapers, More customization options for the lock screen, Improvements to privacy and security, New features for accessibility, Support for lossless audio formats, and much more.
The Android 14 beta 2 update features support for Ultra HDR images, new features in health connect section under settings, camera improvements, lossless USB audio, new data sharing updates, and more.
Some of the key highlights of Android 14 Beta 2 include:
- ? Android 14 includes enhancements around camera and media, privacy and security, system UI, and developer productivity.
- ? Android 14 adds support for 10-bit high dynamic range (HDR) images, allowing for vibrant colors and greater contrast.
- ? Android 14 upgrades and improves Camera Extensions, allowing for longer processing times and compute-intensive algorithms like low-light photography on supported devices.
- ? The new in-sensor zoom feature of Android 14 allows for cropped RAW stream the same pixels as the full field of view, giving users zoom control before other camera enhancements are applied.
However, the Android 14 developer preview by Nothing Tech is not based on Nothing OS 2.0. We will see all the features integrated into Android OS later this year when Google releases the Android 14 stable version for the Google Pixel devices.
Right now, you may not see any Nothing OS apps or features in the Android 14 build. This is barebone Android OS.
The following features may not work:
- Fingerprints can’t be registered
- Face unlock unavailable
- Glyph features unavailable
- Battery sharing unavailable
- No Portrait Mode or slow motion feature in the camera app
- No pre-installed Nothing weather and Nothing X apps
- Screen cast to TV connection unavailable
The Phone 1 just recently received stable Android 13, earlier this year, and we are already on the Android 14 developer preview build.
Download Android 14 beta for Nothing Phone 1
Here is the full stock firmware or full OTA update zip for Android 14 beta to install onto the Nothing Phone 1. The links come directly from the manufacturer’s servers. Check source below.
Note: For Android 14 beta, your devcie must be on latest Nothing OS 1.5.4.
Warning! After you upgrade to Android 14 Beta, your phone storage will be formatted, and all your data will be erased. We recommend treating the beta with caution and backing up your information.
How to Install Android 14 full OTA update zip for Nothing Phone 1?
You can Nothing Phone by installing Nothing OS OTA update zips manually via ADB sideload method or recovery method. See the tutorial on How to install OTA updates on any Android device?
Install OTA using Local Upgrade method
- Go to “Settings > About phone > Software info” to confirm that your system has been updated to the latest version (Nothing OS 1.5.4). If not, please go to “Settings > System > System update” to check for updates.
- Download the latest software update package.
- Create a folder named “ota” (without the quotes) at the root of the internal storage. Meaning outside every folder.
- Copy the OTA update ZIP file from above to that folder.
- Open the phone app and Dial
- The local update tool should launch.
- In the drop-down list that appears, select the upgrade package you just copied.
* If the upgrade package does not appear in the drop-down list, tap the “Browse” button to select the “ota” folder and then select the upgrade package.
- Tap the “Directly apply OTA from selection” button to start updating.
- Reboot your device after the upgrade process is complete.
- A pop-up will appear asking if you would like to reboot your device. We strongly recommend selecting “Confirm” here, as upgrades require a reboot to enter the new version.
- Upgrade successful
Note: If the dialer doesn’t work in your region,
The package name you should be looking for is