Nothing Tech released Android 14 developer preview for the Phone 1. While it is not based on the most anticipated Nothing OS 2.0, the firmware showcases upcoming plans for thePhone 1. We will see the first Nothing OS 2.0 beta program on June 29, 2023 with the official launch of Nothing Phone 2. Meanwhile, download the monthly software updates for Nothing Phone 1 with build Nothing OS 1.1.5.
Users on stable version will continue to receive monthly software updates. Today’s Nothing OS 1.5.5 OTA is a small update that improved the performance of Face Unlock in low-lighting environments. The Nothing software team improved the face recognition accuracy in dark environments.
The highlight of the update is the addition of RAM Expansion. This will allow the number of apps to remain open in the background to increase by 10%. It also reduced Bluetooth power consumption while the device is on standby at night when not in use.
Fixed an issue causing adaptive brightness to be occasionally turned off automatically. Fixed a rare issue preventing photos from being taken. Fixed various Face Unlock-related issues.
The previous Nothing OS 1.5.4 update reduced standby power consumption by optimizing the 4G to 5G network switching function.
The fingerprint pattern unlocking experience has also been optimized, making it more accurate and reliable.
Download Nothing OS 1.5.5 OTA update sized 114 MB from below.
Nothing OS 1.5.5 Patch Notes
- What’s new:
- Improved the performance of Face Unlock by improving the recognition accuracy in dark environments.
- Implemented RAM Expansion, allowing for the number of apps to remain open in the background to increase by 10%.
- Reduced Bluetooth power consumption when device is on standby at night time .
- Bug fixes:
- Fixed an issue causing adaptive brightness to be occasionally turned off automatically.
- Fixed a rare issue preventing photos from being taken.
- Fixed various Face Unlock related issues.
- Other general bug fixes.
- Update size: 114 MB
Download Nothing OS 1.5.5 OTA Update
Here are the OTA update zips for the latest Nothing OS 1.5.4 stable (Android 13) available for download directly from the manufacturer’s servers.
Note: From the Nothing OS 1.5.1 Android 13, EEA & Global firmware are now unified! This is great news as you only need a single file.
How to Install Nothing OS 1.5.5 onto Nothing Phone 1?
You can Nothing Phone by installing Nothing OS OTA update zips manually via ADB sideload method or recovery method. See the tutorial on How to install OTA updates on any Android device?
Install OTA using Local Upgrade method
- Create a folder named “ota” (without the quotes) at the root of the internal storage. Meaning outside every folder.
- Copy the OTA update ZIP file from above to that folder.
- Open the phone app and Dial
- This should launch an offline update tool.
- The tool will scan for an OTA file from internal storage and install it.
- If that fails, you can manually browse for the OTA package.
- After selecting the OTA file, the wizard will apply the update.
- Reboot the device and you are on the latest firmware.
Note: If the dialer doesn’t work in your region,
The package name you should be looking for is
Troubleshooting Error Code 2
Note: If you receive Error Code 2 while installation like this:
Set the time zone to Cina, Shangai to use the offline updater or local upgrade.
Go to settings > Search Date & Time > untick automatic hours > Set timezone to Region China / Shangai.
Retry installation. Thanks to M1Κ4_3L.