Last year, WhatsApp released an update with Companion Mode, which was the most requested. With this feature, users can access the same WhatsApp account from another smartphone. Today, Meta is improving on the multi-device offering further by introducing the ability to use the same WhatsApp account on multiple phones! Download the latest WhatsApp APK here.
WhatsApp also introduced Multi-Device Support last year enabling multiple devices like web browsers, desktop apps, Android tablets, smartphones, iPads, and iPhones. However, the Multi-Device only supported one browser, one deskop app, and phone using the same account.
With today’s update, WhatsApp lets you link up to additional four phones including Android and iPhones. Most importantly, each linked phone connects to WhatsApp independently. Meaning, your personal messages, media, and calls remain end-to-end encrypted. The devices are automatically logged out of all companion devices if your primary smartphone is inactive for an extended period of time.
Once linked, you can operate WhatsApp from a secondary phone even when your main phone isn’t online. It also supports Android OS and iOS.
The best part about this feature is that you don’t need your primary device connected to the internet all the time. If you have already linked a device, you can continue operating WhatsApp on your secondary device without having your primary device online all the time. It will also remove the non-dismissible notification from the notification panel that constantly tells you “WhatsApp is connected”.
Download WhatsApp APK v18.104.22.168 beta
The WhatsApp Multi-Device support is available via the latest Beta Channel. So download the latest WhatsApp Messenger 22.214.171.124 beta APK from below or enroll in the beta program from the following link.
WhatsApp beta downloads:
The easiest way is to enroll in the beta program and then download the new update via Play Store. If the beta is full, download the APK below.
- Enroll in WhatsApp Beta from Play Store (beta enrollment link)
This is the universal APK that works on arm64-v8a, armeabi-v7a, x86, x86_64 devcies.
- WhatsApp Messenger 126.96.36.199 beta (universal)
How to install WhatsApp on multiple smartphones using the same account?
- Download and install the latest WhatsApp beta from above on primary and secondary phones.
- Make a fresh WhatsApp install on phone 2, where you want the Companion Mode installed.
- Launch WhatsApp on phone 2, where it asks for your number to login, tap on the three vertical dots at the top right corner
- Select “Link a device”
- You will be presented with a new popup with a QR Code.
- On the primary phone 1, tap on the three vertical dots in the top right corner and select “Linked Devices”.
- Select “Link a device”
- Scan the QR Code shown on your second phone.
- Enjoy WhatsApp on phone 2!
Here is an image tutorial on how to enable Multi-Device support on WhatsApp.