WhatsApp is the biggest messaging platform in the world with over 5 Billion downloads on Play Store alone. The messaging platform is constantly growing and keeps on giving by adopting new features asked by the community. WhatsApp now features group video calling, voice calling, location sharing, payments, disappearing messages, and much more. The latest feature added via beta channel is multi-device support.
The latest stable WhatsApp v18.104.22.168 APK features Multi-Device support for up to 4 devices linked at the same time. This includes your WhatsApp Web portal, WhatsApp Desktop app, Android tablets or phones, and iPads as well. In order to link any device, you will need your primary device and go through the same procedure as linking to
Simply download and install the latest WhatsApp beta from below, tap on the three vertical dots in the top right corner, and select “Linked devices”. You will be presented with a new popup asking you to “Join the multi-device beta!”. Select “Multi-device beta” in the next screen.
The best part about this feature is that you don’t need your primary device connect to the internet all the time. If you have already linked a device, you can continue operating WhatsApp on your secondary device without having your primary device online all the time. It will also remove the non-dismissible notification from the notification panel constantly telling you “WhatsApp Web is connected”.
Download Latest WhatsApp APK (Beta v22.214.171.124)
The WhatsApp Multi-Device support is available via the latest Beta Channel. So download the latest WhatsApp Messenger 126.96.36.199 beta APK from below or enroll into the beta program from the following link.
WhatsApp beta downloads:
- Download latest WhatsApp Beta from Play Store (beta enrollment link)
- Latest WhatsApp Beta v188.8.131.52 APK (arm64-v8a) | Telegram Link
- Latest WhatsApp Beta v184.108.40.206 APK (armeabi-v7a) | Telegram Link
How to enable multi-device feature in WhatsApp?
- Download and install the latest WhatsApp beta from above.
- Tap on the three vertical dots in the top right corner.
- Select “Linked devices”.
- You will be presented with a new popup asking you to “Join the multi-device beta!”.
- Click OK.
- Select “Multi-device beta” in the next screen.
- Start linking device with QR Scanner.
Here is an image tutorial on how to enable Multi-Device support on WhatsApp.
Checkout Facebook’s engineering behind multi-device support.