Magisk is a popular rooting solution for Android devices that just got updated to a new hotfix version 26.1. If you are on the previous Magisk 26.0, which was released last week, and are facing some issues then it is highly recommended to update to the latest version. Download Magisk 26.1 zip and APK here!
Magisk allows users to modify their device’s system without tampering with the system partition. It has been a favorite among Android users for its ease of use and its ability to pass Google’s SafetyNet checks. After almost a year, the latest Magisk v26.1 is now available for download with a host of new features and improvements.
The first major change in Magisk v26.1 is the bump in the minimum supported Android version to Android 6.0. This means that Magisk can now only be used on devices running Android 6.0 and above.
According to the developer, Magisk’s support for Android Lollipop has been pretty broken for a while and not many care about it. Plus, finding hardware to test magisk on such an old OS is hard. So it has been eliminated altogether.
Another significant change in Magisk v26.1 now supports the preliminary version of Android 14, that is the developer previews.
The Zygisk module has also been updated in Magisk v26.1 with several changes. The new API version 4 has been released, and the daemon will no longer crash in the event of an error. Additionally, the zygote code injection has been rewritten with a new loader library approach, and the code unloading implementation has also been rewritten.
The Magisk app has also received some new features in v26. Stub patching is now 100% offline, and it supports patching init_boot.img for Samsung ODIN firmware.
Lastly, the MagiskPolicy module has had some minor bug fixes in command-line argument parsing, and its rules have been updated to support Android 14 U.
Magisk Changelog v26.1
As for what’s new in v26.1,
- [App] Fix crashing when revoking root permissions
- [MagiskInit] Always prefer
f2fswhen selecting the pre-init partition
- [General] Restore module files’ context/owner/group from mirror. This is a regression introduced in v26.0
- [General] Bump minimum supported Android version to Android 6.0
- [General] New magic mount backend. It supports loading modules into system with
- [Zygisk] Release new API version 4
- [Zygisk] Prevent crashing daemon in error
- [Zygisk] Rewrite zygote code injection with new loader library approach
- [Zygisk] Rewrite code unloading implementation
- [MagiskBoot] Support amonet microloader devices
- [MagiskBoot] Always use lz4_legacy compression on v4 boot images. This fixes boot image patching issues on Android U preview.
- [MagiskInit] Support replacing existing *.rc files in
- [MagiskInit] Rewrite sepolicy.rules mounting and loading implementation
- [App] Make stub patching 100% offline
- [App] Support patching
init_boot.imgfor Samsung ODIN firmware
- [MagiskPolicy] Fix minor bug in command line argument parsing
- [MagiskPolicy] Update rules to support Android U
- [MagiskInit] Fix a potential issue when stub cpio is used
- [MagiskInit] Fix reboot to recovery when stub cpio is used
- [MagiskInit] Fix sepolicy.rules symlink for rootfs devices
- [General] Better data encryption detection
- [General] Move the whole logging infrastructure into Rust
Full Changelog: here.
As we already know, the previous Magisk v24 introduced Zygisk; Magisk in Zygote. When this feature is enabled, a part of Magisk will run in the
Zygote daemon process, allowing module developers to run code directly in every Android apps’ process. Zygisk is inspired by that project Riru and is functionally similar.
Magisk 26.1 APK Download
Here, download the latest Magisk ZIP and APK. Simply rename it Magisk.zip to get the zip file. Following are the direct download links right from the Github repository of the project.
- Magisk-v26.1.apk (Direct DL Link)
- Join our Telegram Channel
Magisk APK Github downloads repository:
- Hide root – Download Universal SafetyNet Fix post for more explanation.
- Magisk Canary (latest)
Magisk Modules Downloads Repository
Magisk is dropping support to download online modules. You will find Fox’s Magisk Module Manager below so you can restore the Magisk Modules functionality.
The centralized Magisk-Modules-Repo is also gone from Magisk 24. According to the developer, this is due to lack of time and maintenance. The functionality to download modules from the repo is removed in v24.0.
- Magisk Modules Downloads Repository (Github)
- Fox’s Magisk Module Manager (Github)
However, as planned by the developer, the MagiskHide has now been removed from Magisk completely. The developer has already put out a statement for the same. You can visit our post on Download Universal SafetyNet Fix post for more explanation.
How to Install Magisk v26.1 APK and Magisk ZIP?
The easiest way to install Magisk APK is as a normal app installation on any Android device. Alternatively, you can rename “Magisk-v26.0.apk” to “Magisk-v26.0.zip” and flash via TWRP recovery with ZIP extension.
How to install Magisk? Check out the updated installation guide for more info.
Use the Magisk v24+ APK and install it as a normal app onto Android 12, 11, 10, 9.0 Pie, 8.0/8.1 Oreo, 7.0/7.1 Nougat, Marshmallow, Android 5 Lollipop.
However, if you must, you can simply rename the magisk.apk to .zip and you get a TWRP flashable Magisk zip.
What is Stub in Magisk 26?
Stub: The developer John Wu has also added a new app for hiding the Magisk app with advanced techniques using stub APK in support of Android 5.0+.
Subscribe to Newsletters via Email. Follow us on Google News and Join our Telegram Group! Also, support us by donating via PayPal.