Google has not even released the Android Security Bulletin for April 2023 yet and Samsung is already rolling out the latest security patch. Samsung’s most anticipated April 2023 update is also now rolling out for the Galaxy S23 series weighing about 1GB in size with several camera improvements and added features. Check out the complete changelog below.
Samsung added tons of camera and gallery upgrades and changed some functionalities to make the user experience better and faster.
For one, the firm added a new feature to the gallery app such that you can immediately delete photos that are being processed immediately after taking them with the camera.
For faster photo capture, the AF functionality has been changed such that when the user presses the capture button, a photo can be taken even without setting the focus. If you want to change this functionality, you can do so in the latest Camera Assistant app.
Visit – Camera Assistant > Prioritize focus over speed (focus priority) On.
Improved sharpness or flicker and added notice when shooting Ultrawide in low light. Also improved image stabilization when shooting with FHD60 after setting Auto FPS Off in rear video. The update also improved line-shaped banding noise in the sky in mid to low light conditions.
The Galaxy S23, S23+, S23 Ultra are currently receiving the April 2023 security patch in South Korea. The update will soon come to other regions starting next month. All these features are not just exclusive to the Galaxy S23. The changes will come to it to other Galaxy devices as well. So we all have something to after with this update.
Furthermore, Samsung also released the latest March 2023 Google Play system updates.
Keep looking for the Samsung April 2023 security bulletin, the update will fix several vulnerabilities.
Camera Super Steady function Image quality has been improved and shooting guide text has been added for the ‘Super Steady’ function, which allows stable video recording in dynamic situations such as running.
Apply stabilization code related to terminal operation has been applied. Apply Google security patch Security-related stabilization code has been applied.
Samsung’s April 2023 update full Changelog
According to a Samsung community moderator post, Samsung’s latest April 2023 update for the Galaxy S23, S23+, and S23 Ultra added features to improve gallery usability. The AF concept has been changed for faster photography.
Additionally, the update improved the camera function and image quality.
Here is the complete changelog:
1. A function has been added to the gallery so that you can immediately delete photos that are being processed immediately after taking them with the camera.
2. For faster photo taking, the AF concept has been changed so that when the user presses the shooting button, the user can take a photo even when the focus is not completely set.
However, if you want to shoot after completing Focus as before, please change the settings in the latest Camera Assistant.
* Camera Assistant > Prioritize focus over speed (focus priority) On
3. Improved sharpness/flicker and added notice when shooting Ultrawide in low light indoors after setting Camera Video Mode > Super Steady On.
* “To take a good Super Steady photo, I need more light.”
4. Fixed a phenomenon where a green line was intermittently displayed on the left side when shooting in the rear photo mode.
5. Improved image stabilization when shooting with FHD60 after setting Auto FPS Off in rear video.
6. Improved line-shaped banding noise in the sky in mid-low light when shooting high-pixel in low-mid light.
Optimized overall sharpness for high-pixel shooting and improved intermittent blurring through OIS stabilization.
7. Fixed a malfunction when shooting after Night Off in low light after selecting Shooting Speed > High Resolution > Speed Priority in Camera Assistant.
* Camera Assistant > Shooting Speed > High Resolution > Speed Priority, then Camera > Night Off or Scene Optimizer Off
8. Fixed an issue where face recognition could not be recognized intermittently after ending a 3rd party video call.
9. Stability has been improved for camera movements introduced through other routes.
March 2023 Google Play System Updates
Samsung also released the latest Google Play system updates from March 1, 2023.
If you don’t already know, Google System updates make your Android devices more secure and reliable and give you new and useful features. This can enable features from Google like the Coolawalk for Android Auto, a newer version of Nearby Share, and much more.
See what’s new with the March 2023 Google Play system updates from here.
The Google Play System updates can be downloaded from Settings > About Phone > and tap on Google Play System update. This will download and install the latest version. If you haven’t updated it in a while, you will need to update it multiple times and start your phone.
The latest Samsung Galaxy phones head-on with the Google Pixel devices as they both run on the latest Android versions.
How to download OTA updates on Samsung Galaxy phones?
The latest firmware for Samsung phones upto the Galaxy S20 series is One UI 5.1 based on Android 13.
Here is how to download the latest update.
- Make sure you have connected to a WiFi network on your Galaxy device.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down and select “Software Update.”
- Download OTA updates manually.
You can also download OTA updates for Galaxy Watch by visiting the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone.
Join our Telegram Channel for more updates.
Subscribe to Newsletters via Email. Follow us on Google News and Join our Telegram Group! Also, support us by donating via PayPal.