Last month, the upcoming Nothing Tech firm released the most anticipated Android 13 firmware update for their popular Phone 1. The stable Nothing OS 1.5 update came with tons of new features, Android 13 goodies, new wallpapers, ringtones, and much more. Here download the first Android 13 OTA update with build Nothing OS 1.5.3.
Nothing Phone now runs on the latest Android OS 13 version. It is now time to move on to the monthly security updates and bug fixes. While the stable version was released last month, it still needs some tuning. Nothing Tech has delivered on the promise and released several bug fixes after community feedback with NOS 1.5.3.
Nothing OS 1.5.3 for the Phone 1 adds new features like support for manually adding games to Game Mode. Added new wallpapers and support for the newly launched Ear (2)
Most importantly, NOS 1.5.3 brings a new RAM management algorithm that claims to reduce app restart time by over 35% and lowered CPU consumption. This ultimately leads to improved battery life.
NOS 1.5.3 also brings a ton of bug fixes and stability improvements like Smoother animations, fingerprint, enhanced NIght Light, mode, fixed issues with Glpyh light, and more.
The OTA is only 91.79 MB in size and is only a Hotfix update and may not be a security bump to the latest March 2023 patch.
Nothing OS 1.5.3 Features List and Full Changelog
- What’s New
- New support for manually adding games to Game Mode (games not installed from Play Store will not be able to be used with the Game Dashboard).
- Smoother animations for pop-up view.
- Improved fingerprint transition between the lock screen and AOD.
- New wallpapers.
- Added support for Ear (2).
- New memory management algorithm that reduces app restart times by over 35% and lowers CPU consumption to improve overall battery life. Improved system stability.
- Bug fixes:
- Fixed abnormal appearance of Night Light mode in certain scenarios.
- Fixed the flashing charging prompt on the AOD interface.
- Fixed issue where Glyph lights did not show for incoming WhatsApp calls.
- Fixed freeze issues during YouTube video playback.
- Fixed issue where weather data did not show in the Quick Look widget.
- Other general bug fixes.
- Update size: 91.79 MB
Watch the Nothing OS 1.5 feature presentation:
Download Nothing OS 1.5.3 Stable Version (Android 13)
Here are the OTA update zips for the latest Nothing OS 1.5.3 stable (Android 13) available for download directly from the manufacturer’s servers.
Note: From the Nothing OS 1.5.1 Android 13, EEA & Global firmware are now unified! This is great news as you only need a single file.
How to Install Android 13 OTA Update zip for Nothing Phone 1?
You can Nothing Phone by installing Nothing OS OTA update zips manually via ADB sideload method or recovery method. See the tutorial on How to install OTA updates on any Android device?
Install OTA using Local Upgrade method
- Create a folder named “ota” (without the quotes) at the root of the internal storage. Meaning outside every folder.
- Copy the OTA update ZIP file from above to that folder.
- Open the phone app and Dial
- This should launch an offline update tool.
- The tool will scan for an OTA file from internal storage and install it.
- If that fails, you can manually browse for the OTA package.
- After selecting the OTA file, the wizard will apply the update.
- Reboot the device and you are on the latest firmware.
Note: If the dialer doesn’t work in your region,
The package name you should be looking for is